Home > Social Influence > Is Congruence the best persuasion tool?

Is Congruence the best persuasion tool?

Do you believe that CONGRUENCE is the best persuasion tools?

As Tony Robbins said, when your body, your voice, your emotions are aligned and you strictly believe and commit about what you said with passion. sn;

I've already been convinced by people who deeply believe in what they were telling.

Those people weren't agressive but they were so commited and congruent that they would made me doubt.:cu

I found that it's hard to beat/convince/control someone who don't have any doubt... - by RyanH
Someone once said, "When you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything." ;) - by Houston
"I found that it's hard to beat/convince/control someone who don't have any doubt..." --ryanH

That's not a description of how I sell or do anything else BUT without conviction and a belief in yourself not many people will listen to you.

People need to believe you believe in what you are communicating, that you listened to them and addressed their questions, and that you had confidence in yourself and what you well.

Of course the best people to get in front of are people who need, want, and are willing to buy what you offer them. The best way to find out is to ask that question up front and gage their answer against how much time you're willing to spend with them.

Some people in sales will engage in elaborate facilitation and inquiry questions with those who require convincing - those not already convinced.

MitchM - by MitchM

As Tony Robbins said, when your body, your voice, your emotions are aligned and you strictly believe and commit about what you said with passion. sn;

I've already been convinced by people who deeply believe in what they were telling.

Those people weren't agressive but they were so commited and congruent that they would made me doubt.:cu

I found that it's hard to beat/convince/control someone who don't have any doubt...
I just saw this and yes I do think congruence is one of the best persuasion tools. I think when other people aren't sure but you are and you're congruent they trust your conviction more than their uncertainty. - by Thomas
Hi Ryan

In todays new business economy congruence will be king. To be successful it is all about relationships , conversation and character.

Why be some you are not. It takes to much time effort and memory. People will see through it straight away. long term profitable relationships Ryan are built on trust. The best way to build it is to be authentic.

Thanks

Denise - by SalesManagersCoach

A thread worth re-visiting.

Is it the "best" persuasion tool?

I believe the answer may be "yes".

Of course, multiple choice questions are often easier. - by Ace Coldiron
I have always viewed congruence as "practice what you preach". I have been behind the scenes of some involved in the TR world who have consumed the purple kool-aid and passionately preach the doctrine; yet, do something completely opposite when handling their own affairs. For me, congruence is an inwardly thing and is more like a red flag to me in a persuasion situation. That is, I wonder if their passion is really on to separate me from my money. - by jdedwa11
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.