Home > Advertising > Idea's for Advertising by putting things on your car.

Idea's for Advertising by putting things on your car.

I am looking into getting a static cling, or magnet, or something like that for my car... What are some Idea's or past experiances in advertising on your car. I've heard that the magnets may rust the car that they're on, But i do like that you can take it back off. Anything you can do to help would be great!sn; - by lacey
Also, Any tax write offs that you know of for car advertising? - by lacey
I've thought about this before and my opinion is that if your vehicle and your driving habits support the image you want to portray AND the number of impressions will be high for your target audience then it COULD have some value. Otherwise that's not something I would do myself. - by Liberty
Did you choose not to put advertising on your vehicle because of your driving habits then? - by lacey
Did you choose not to put advertising on your vehicle because of your driving habits then?
My decision at the time was that the number of impressions would be too low. - by SpeedRacer
what type of sales do you do? I do b2b and my thoughts were that it might make a good impression on the business that I'm pulling up to, or maybe a business across the street, etc. Any Comments from those of you who do that type of sales, or that buy for your company? - by lacey
what type of sales do you do? I do b2b and my thoughts were that it might make a good impression on the business that I'm pulling up to, or maybe a business across the street, etc. Any Comments from those of you who do that type of sales, or that buy for your company?
I work as an consultant for one company which means my days of personal marketing are over... for now. A door magnet wouldn't make much of an impression on me unless it somehow grabbed my attention in a positive way. - by SpeedRacer
I work with a real estate team and we all have car magnets. Our Broker "poo-pooed" the idea saying they would fly off, waste of $, ect. but we have had the same ones on for a year and 1/2 now and I see lots of people studying them, I even had some one call me from his cell on the freeway!! lol! I knew right then and there it was $$ well spent! We all have the same magnet just with our own name and cell number at the bottom so there is consistancy. Plus our photo and tag line is our branding so we use that all the time. You can search the internet but we got ours at Postersigns.com and the had great quality for the best price we could find! Our magnets look almost as good as the day we slapped them on! Just a few dings from rocks and such. I highly recommend them! - by CallTeamKlemm
Hi Lacey,

Have you considered an auto wrap? These are removable vinyl graphics which, in my opinion, are more professional looking than magnets. Magnets are often considered tacky and, for that reason, can work against you rather than for you. Remember, we live in a world where "image is everything."

Wraps do not necessarily cover the entire car, they can cover small portions of the car and be as simple as a large decal. The difference is that they are full color and are form fitted to the lines of the vehicle.

They are not as expensive as you might think, and there are a number of places around the country that provide this service. - by DesignGuy
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.