Home > Prospecting > Where do the best leads come from?

Where do the best leads come from?

What lead sources usually produce the best most qualified leads? Usually I hear referrals are the best and cold calling is the worst. - by realtor
What lead sources usually produce the best most qualified leads? Usually I hear referrals are the best and cold calling is the worst.
The best leads are sales-ready leads which means they are ready, willing and able. Don't be surprised when you discover that many of these leads require nurturing before they become sales-ready. The best source then is a lead generation and nurturing program not one lead source such as cold calling or referrals. I hope that answers your question. :cool: - by Jolly Roger
Referrals.

But I assume you did not mean prospects generated by "verbal marketing".

For real estate the best leads come from those who are relocating to a new city - yours. These people cannot easily view homes or know which are THE RIGHT NEIGHBORHOODS to look in, even by price you cannot be sure of this when doing online searches as a home buyer who is moving into your area.

A website dedicate to relocation in an area and PPC (pay-per-click) ads will generate leads, a steady stream of them. But not enough even in big cities to keep one person busy.

Your own marketing is the next best thing. every piece needs to have your picture on it, so you become recognizable. And, this is not best done on calendars ... direct marketing I meant.

Gimmicks like handouts at open houses have not proven to work well. An offer of a FREE ANALYSIS of home value and timing to "trade up' works.

First time buyers FREE INFO kit will work as an advertising vehicle too. And this is a long term play as they will buy there 2nd and 3rd house form you as time goes along. But it is slower to get moving than the above. I hope this helps. - by Gold Calling
The best leads are sales-ready leads which means they are ready, willing and able. Don't be surprised when you discover that many of these leads require nurturing before they become sales-ready. The best source then is a lead generation and nurturing program not one lead source such as cold calling or referrals. I hope that answers your question. :cool:
What lead generation and nurturing programs are out there? - by realtor
While it's true that referrals may be the best source of leads, there are many ways to generate quality leads for any product or service. I have come up with twenty three, and I'm sure there are more.

However, it's important to remember, before you start generating leads, setting appointments, or diving into selling in any way, there are some key steps you need to follow to insure your sales efforts will not be wasted. They are:

1. Choose a target market on which to focus your marketing
2. Find your target markets problem
3. Determine the benefits your product or service offers
4. Provide them with your solution
5. Show them how you're unique
6. Give them proof to back up your claims

Then you need to develop:

1. A marketing message that will communicate the problems you solve
2. The benefits you provide
3. How you get results
4. What sets you apart
5. And proof of your success.

When you are clear on these points you will have a focus to begin generating leads and you won't spend a lot of time chasing unqualified prospects You also will be able to educate people on who your target market is, so they know what type of leads to look for.

If you don't do your homework first, it's like trying to hit a target with a bow and arrow, blindfolded. - by Jim Klein
What lead generation and nurturing programs are out there?
These programs are developed by each company for each company. There are too many items and details in these programs (profiling, targeting, segmentation, lead management, tactics, etc.) for me to try and address in a forum thread. As Jim said previously__
If you don't do your homework first, it's like trying to hit a target with a bow and arrow, blindfolded.
- by Jolly Roger
It's been my experience that the best sales leads are referrals from satisfied customers. This is especially true if those satisfied customers are of standing in the industry your representing.

Dale King - by Dale King
I know a couple of the top earning realtors in our area and here's what they do.

One of them is consistently sending out mailings and making contacts with past clients - he's always churning the soup with reminders, phone calls, ads.

Another is totally involved in the community sponsoring little leagues, putting out flags for the 4th, playing Santa - he too does mailings.

A third uses a monthly news letter and is also very involved in community events, neighborhood events.

Those are the things I see from the outside and all three have been career realtors so over the decades they have followings. They have devoted their lives to their business and have acquired people resources good for referrals.

MitchM - by MitchM
Referrals from a past client that recommends you is absolutely the best and should be the easiest.

From that point you should PHocus on your sPHere of influence; FSBOs; Expireds; Print material with your listings in them to get the PHone to ring; Cold Calling (x-referencing the DNCL)Prospecting, Prospecting, Prospecting; Internet Marketing is strong if done properly; Jumbo Postcards no less than 6X9; Automated Contact Management System...Follow up is key to successful lead conversion.

Keep in mind the consumer does not care about you initially only what you have to offer they will care about you once you start talking with them and getting them what they need. Do not waste your money on self promotion that does not have a "Better Than Average" chance of making the phone ring.

Success,

Rory Wilfong - by rwilfong
The best sales leads are those that close..

I wouldn’t restrict myself to any one source or type. In fact I recommend just the opposite.

What is your product, think of when and why people buy it. What angle do you have on the market. Where is your product better? How can you tell them about it? Where are they looking for it, news paper, television, is it an impulse buy?

These are some questions. You can always bring a GREAT deal coupon to your clients by narrowing, demographically, who they are and doing a mailing campaign to them.

I hope this helps, let us know what you decide!
- by Lance_Best
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.