Home > Prospecting > Tracking leads and contacts

Tracking leads and contacts

I am in charge of a group of consumer account managers and need a better way to track who they are making contact with. Really I need something that will help take them through the whole sales funnel from start to closing of the sale.

We do a lot of door to door sales and open houses at various retail stores. We also have a group that does telemarketing. Right now we have an excel spreadsheet that someone put together and I know there has to be something better.

At a past company they used salesgenie.com, I dont know if something like that would work for this, if someone knows more I would greatly appreciate it. - by jpdobbs
I am in charge of a group of consumer account managers and need a better way to track who they are making contact with. Really I need something that will help take them through the whole sales funnel from start to closing of the sale.

We do a lot of door to door sales and open houses at various retail stores. We also have a group that does telemarketing. Right now we have an excel spreadsheet that someone put together and I know there has to be something better.

At a past company they used salesgenie.com, I dont know if something like that would work for this, if someone knows more I would greatly appreciate it.
Can you describe more about what you have in mind with tracking? What do you need that you're now unable to accomplish with your spreadsheet? What kind of functionality are you looking for? What are your goals? - by Skip Anderson
Hi

Look at a basic contact system i.e. Act, Goldmine, Salesforce etc.

They all do 90% of the same so it is how you use them that will make the difference.

Oh and if you go for the full CRM later, I would make sure it is a sales focused!

Good luck - by Bizal
I use ACT and have used similar systems. I don't find that much difference between them.

Susan - by susana
ACT is my choice, its very good once you learn how to use it...thats easier said than done in my case but now i know it well i wonder how i survived without it... - by Tony Dunne
I agree that ACT works very well and is priced to be practical for the small to medium size business. Short of custom CRM solutions, it it probably the best choice. - by thesalesgiant
Is ACT web based yet? If not then take a look at Batchblue or infusionsoft. Web-based software will make your life so much easier. - by JustAskPatrick
Unless you can use ACT for free you might want to start with something BatchBlue. You can use them for awhile for free, and they interface well with other websites on the internet. It has some features to connect to other social accounts, etc. so you can keep tables on what your contacts are saying if they are active on social networks.

It is not your typical CRM, but having used ACT before we never used most of the features. - by JustAskPatrick
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.