Home > Marketing > Marketing Ideas

Marketing Ideas

I work for a growing communications company and we are looking for ways to really spark our growth. We recently launched a all fiber optic network in a tow of about 10,000, spending around $10mil in the process, and are looking to spark growth.

With the initial start of service we were able to get around 1000 customers to sign up (cable, internet, cell, phone). Now that the easy sales are done we are looking for ways to get the rest to make the change. We offer a higher quality product at a better pricing then our other competitiors do.

We have run various promotions 3 months free and have gotten good responses, but I just feel there must be something else we can do. We currently have direct mail pieces that we send out, along with telemarketing team. We also have a team that goes door to door and runs open houses at some local business to get customers.

Does anyone have any other ideas that may help push the remaining customers over. - by jpdobbs
Internet Marketing....You and/or several people within your company must become masters of Internet Marketing and getting your information out to those people via the internet. We conduct 2 day hands on Guaranteed Results Web Marketing Workshops. You really need to have the SEO edge!! - by rwilfong
Finding the right keyword placement and article writing with linkbacks to your website is a good start. Also using social networking sites and bookmarking can help your site.

As far as SEO and Keyword percentages go that could be helpful if you get a lock on the right keywords and make sure someone is keeping up with the top keywords...you can hire someone for that on several freelancing sites for a low price.

I hope I was able to help!
Smiles, - by lrobertson
True internet marketing encompasses social networking, forums, blogging, viral marketing as well as the basic SEO principles. You get what you pay for and unless you stay on top of it you will get nothing in the end. It is just like a billboard on a road that has 4 cars that drive by it in a week....if there is no traffic you are not going to have the opportunity to get any business.

Most importantly you need to utilize a company that has experience in all aspects of Internet Marketing as detailed above but converts that into true lead generation and precise traffic analytics which gets integrated into sales and marketing for overall profitability.

Again if you have traffic, but you are not aware of it, it is worthless.

Best,

Rory Wilfong
ProspectMX - by rwilfong
Since you're a communications company, I would think that cable television advertising would work very well for you. Contact your local cable provider and inquire about advertising rates for your local area.

Dale King - by Dale King
Internet Marketing is one of the easiest way to advertise online, there are many ways to do this... - by Andrewlyn
I work for a growing communications company and we are looking for ways to really spark our growth. We recently launched a all fiber optic network in a tow of about 10,000, spending around $10mil in the process, and are looking to spark growth.

With the initial start of service we were able to get around 1000 customers to sign up (cable, internet, cell, phone). Now that the easy sales are done we are looking for ways to get the rest to make the change. We offer a higher quality product at a better pricing then our other competitiors do.

We have run various promotions 3 months free and have gotten good responses, but I just feel there must be something else we can do. We currently have direct mail pieces that we send out, along with telemarketing team. We also have a team that goes door to door and runs open houses at some local business to get customers.

Does anyone have any other ideas that may help push the remaining customers over.
jp...Why would you use direct mail when you are trying to market communications? You didn't say which market you were in but I can tell you that broadcast will reach more people faster than any other means of advertising. I know the first thing you are going to say is. "I can't afford broadcast TV." That is not true. Do yourself a favor and call the stations in your market and let them give you proposals. Cable may be okay but you will not begin to reach the amount of people you can reach with Fox, ABC, NBC or CBS your local stations and the number one show on cable is Sponge Bob Square Pants. If you get some information from the staiton and want my advice all you have to do is let me know because I have been in television sales for many years.

MP - by MPrince
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.