Home > Personal Selling > Has anything changed in B2C sales that affects how salespeople sell?

Has anything changed in B2C sales that affects how salespeople sell?

There have been other posts about B2B sales but I work at selling residential real estate which I think is B2C. Has anything changed in B2C sales that affects how salespeople sell? - by realtor
In response to your query, 'Has anything changed in Real estate Consumer sales', and the answer is yes.
However, in spite of the fluctuating interest rates, recession and foreclosures,the most important thing to focus on is:

1. Do not panic.
2. Do not spend any time with other agents who panic.
3. Take action now.

Questions:

Do you have a niche market in real estate sales?
Do you have a database of prospects?
Do you have a specific amount of money you want in 2008?

Focus on your niche market, create a plan to stay in touch with your prospects and each and every day focus on what you want in monthly income.
Create a program, stick with it and put on blinders regarding the naysayers.

Real Estate is cyclical, as is most business, so hang in there.

Joanne Victoria - by Joanne Victoria
I can take all of that to the bank. Thank you Joanne.

With B2C sales in general do you think the selling process has changed any because of new technology or is it business as usual? - by realtor
With B2C sales in general do you think the selling process has changed any because of new technology or is it business as usual?
I think technology has affected how agents find buyers and listings and how buyers find homes and agents, but I believe it's changed the selling process.

Although most sales professionals would agree to a large extent to what "the process" is, there's still room for interpretation of what "the process" means. When you say, "do you think the selling process has changed" what do you mean, realtor? - by Skip Anderson
Although most sales professionals would agree to a large extent to what "the process" is, there's still room for interpretation of what "the process" means. When you say, "do you think the selling process has changed" what do you mean, realtor?
I mean everything that happens between a salesperson and a prospect on a sales call like openers, questions, presentations, closes those kind of things. - by realtor
I mean everything that happens between a salesperson and a prospect on a sales call like openers, questions, presentations, closes those kind of things.
In my opinion, one could certainly attempt to sell without those processes, but you'd be foolish to do so. Occasionally, someone suggests that you don't need to ask questions, or close, or sell, but those people are grossly mistaken, in my opinion. So I vote for "no, the selling process hasn't changed."

Marketing and promotion have changed a great deal, however. - by Skip Anderson
Thank you Skip. I'm not current on all of the different sales training systems like Sandler, SPIN, XEROX so I'll have to ask is there a difference in the selling process between the main sales training systems? - by realtor
Thank you Skip. I'm not current on all of the different sales training systems like Sandler, SPIN, XEROX so I'll have to ask is there a difference in the selling process between the main sales training systems?
Although there is excellent material in all of those "systems", in my opinion, they are clearly intended for the b2b salesperson. That doesn't mean they aren't worth investigating.

Fyi, there are SalesPractice threads that discuss those sales systems:
Sandler: http://www.salespractice.com/forums/t-775.html
Xerox PSS: http://www.salespractice.com/forums/t-7587.html
Spin: http://www.salespractice.com/forums/t-667.html - by Skip Anderson
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.