Home > Approach > How to Get through Voice Mails?

How to Get through Voice Mails?

Hi Experts,

I am new to sales industry, however I have started to do some cold calling in CA area. My propests are CIO, CTOs VP IT and MIS Director.

The problem I am facing down here is I am hitting Voice Mails like every call, Can someone please help me in order to break through this. I have tried calling at different times of the day however got into the same mode of messages from a machine.

Need advise to break through this thing... I have pressure on my head to get appointments and I have not being sucessfull yet in this stream
Help help help help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - by eric_bishop
I am waiting, Help Help Help. Ideas or creative thing or anything tht worked earlier. please help.;cri - by eric_bishop
I understand the surface problem but not what's below the surface meaning who no live answers any time you call, Eric.

Two questions come to mind:

1. Have you thought about why no live pick-ups at all?

2. Are there other phone numbers you need?

MitchM - by MitchM
Eric, when you call are you reaching a gatekeeper? How do you end up in voicemail? Who puts you there? What do you say when you call? What do they say? - by Skip Anderson
Eric

Here are just a few suggestions:

Get through to their assistants because some/many of these positions will have an assistant and they will typically help you as well as let you know a good time to contact their boss and they may even schedule a time for you to talk with him/her:

Press 0 if it is an automated service and tell them you will hold until they find the person and if they are not there, then pick their brains about a good time to get a hold of the person;

If you have to leave a message, schedule your next call back in the message: "Looks like I missed you again please call me or I will contact you again on Wednesday at 9:00am, have a great day" (DO NOT MISS THAT CALL BACK DAY AND TIME);

Get on the road and go to the business and see if you can get in that way.

Success,

Rory Wilfong - by rwilfong
Eric, when you call are you reaching a gatekeeper? How do you end up in voicemail? Who puts you there? What do you say when you call? What do they say?
Hi Anderson, If I am reaching a gate keeper than its not an issue, I am hitting vm's like 100% if I speak with someone than its a sale for me. however I am not able to speak with anyone else than reception. Please help. - by eric_bishop
Eric

Here are just a few suggestions:

Get through to their assistants because some/many of these positions will have an assistant and they will typically help you as well as let you know a good time to contact their boss and they may even schedule a time for you to talk with him/her:

Press 0 if it is an automated service and tell them you will hold until they find the person and if they are not there, then pick their brains about a good time to get a hold of the person;

If you have to leave a message, schedule your next call back in the message: "Looks like I missed you again please call me or I will contact you again on Wednesday at 9:00am, have a great day" (DO NOT MISS THAT CALL BACK DAY AND TIME);

Get on the road and go to the business and see if you can get in that way.

Success,

Rory Wilfong
Good keep Rory, thats very valid. I will try it for sure. Anything else apart from this? - by eric_bishop
I understand the surface problem but not what's below the surface meaning who no live answers any time you call, Eric.

Two questions come to mind:

1. Have you thought about why no live pick-ups at all?

2. Are there other phone numbers you need?

MitchM
Hellow Mitch, thats very valid things you brought however I believe they are busy in some thing or other but at the same time there has to be solutions for this.

Alternative numbers can be there, do you think its easy to get if there is any? - by eric_bishop
Are you calling a direct dial number of the executive? Is that when you're getting voicemail? If not, how are you getting into voicemail? - by Skip Anderson
Are you calling a direct dial number of the executive? Is that when you're getting voicemail? If not, how are you getting into voicemail?
I have there direct lines too mostly, however when I call them I hit a voice mail. - by eric_bishop
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.