Home > Approach > Switching from introduction talk to sales Talk

Switching from introduction talk to sales Talk

Hello my fellow SalesPracticers. I've been a member here for about a month but this is my first reply. I'll take all the advice I can get. Hopefully, some other people have the same problem and will benefit from this as well.

Let's get into it.

When cold calling (driving around and I see a business, I want to make them a client -- so I go in to introduce myself)

What is an effective way to EASE into the Sales Talk after talking about THEM and THEIR business? I'm very good at MAKING STRANGERS LIKE ME right from the start when "Cold calling" so I use that to my advantage. But sometimes, It becomes hard to EASE into the Sales Talk without sounding like the only reason I was nice and friendly is because I wanted the sale? - by Tanson
Hello my fellow SalesPracticers. I've been a member here for about a month but this is my first reply. I'll take all the advice I can get. Hopefully, some other people have the same problem and will benefit from this as well.

Let's get into it.

When cold calling (driving around and I see a business, I want to make them a client -- so I go in to introduce myself)

What is an effective way to EASE into the Sales Talk after talking about THEM and THEIR business? I'm very good at MAKING STRANGERS LIKE ME right from the start when "Cold calling" so I use that to my advantage. But sometimes, It becomes hard to EASE into the Sales Talk without sounding like the only reason I was nice and friendly is because I wanted the sale?
Hi Tanson, welcome!

I suggest "introduction talk" IS "sales talk." And "introduction talk" is also being human, no different than you would react to a family member or friend.

Having said that, what is your definition of "sales talk?". What do you do now? Why do you feel that your "sales talk" sounds like the only reason you were nice to your prospect is because you want the sale?

Skip Anderson - by Skip Anderson