Home > Personal Selling > Closing A Retail Sale

Closing A Retail Sale

Hello.
I am wondering what is the best way close for a retail sale.
I sell mobile phones so i am wondering what you would you suggest? - by myers1984
Like most retail businesses, I think the keys factors are customer service and knowledge of your products. Explaining the features of various models and plans and letting the customer know if they have a problem, you will be there to help them..after the sale. - by GerryMyers
Hello.
I am wondering what is the best way close for a retail sale.
I sell mobile phones so i am wondering what you would you suggest?
Thanks for your question.

Closing a retail sale is both simple and complex.

It's simple in that most salespeople can dramatically increase their closing rate by simply asking for the order. ("Do you want to go ahead and get it?" or dozens of other closing strategies).

It's complex in that many factors impact closing rate:

- the salesperson's ability to develop trust and rapport;
- the salesperson's ability to correctly and accurately determine the prospect's needs and desires
- the salesperson's ability to giving a compelling presentation that leaves the prospect thinking that they simply must own your product;
- the salesperson's likability;
- and so on.

Many volumes have been written on closing, so it's a broad topic. I realize my answer to your question has been very general in nature. Perhaps if you have some more specific questions, we might be able to give you a better answer to help you out. Perhaps a good place to start would be for me to ask you how you go about closing now.

Skip Anderson - by Skip Anderson
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.