Home > Advertising > How do u advertise/market/promote or is their a need?

How do u advertise/market/promote or is their a need?

My querry is that if a person has a product which has only idustrial buyers or users then is their a need to advertise for such a product say chemicals or cotton which acts as a raw material. Secondly what can a marketer do for such a product that a salesperson can not do. More importantly how can a marketer be in a superior position/task then a salesperson. What i see is that a marketer has a very limited role and a salesman is much more dominant. I would appriciate comments. - by Usman
My querry is that if a person has a product which has only idustrial buyers or users then is their a need to advertise for such a product say chemicals or cotton which acts as a raw material. Secondly what can a marketer do for such a product that a salesperson can not do. More importantly how can a marketer be in a superior position/task then a salesperson. What i see is that a marketer has a very limited role and a salesman is much more dominant. I would appriciate comments.
Define "marketer" specific to your situation.

I'm trying to decipher your question. It sounds like you want to know who's more important in your company. What does a marketer do in your company to earn his/her living? I assume that a salesperson calls on new and existing accounts and prospects for more. - by Gary Boye
Secondly what can a marketer do for such a product that a salesperson can not do.
My first thought is that a personal visit from a salesperson is much more expensive for a company than typical marketing materials.

My second thought is that a effective marketing campaign will serve to not only keep your name/product in front of the potential buyer but can also serve to "condition" the mind of the potential buyer.

Does that help any? - by MagicMan
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.