Home > Resistance > Ok. I will compare first........

Ok. I will compare first........

I had conversations with costomer, and I already presentations what they want, I sell notebooks. when I push them to make decisions they sad " I will compare with others.". at that times I was sure that They Loved the notebook that I Present to them, they loved the prices too. I trusted that we had comfortable conversations and I think they feel confortable enough with my presentations. what should I say if they are still says "I interest with the notebook, price is good but I want to compare first....." please help me.;sm - by azisnur07
I had conversations with costomer, and I already presentations what they want, I sell notebooks. when I push them to make decisions they sad " I will compare with others.". at that times I was sure that They Loved the notebook that I Present to them, they loved the prices too. I trusted that we had comfortable conversations and I think they feel confortable enough with my presentations. what should I say if they are still says "I interest with the notebook, price is good but I want to compare first....." please help me.;sm
A good question! I'll weight in...

1. First, validate the objection instead of resist it. Something simple like, "I understand, I would think the same thing."

2. But then, deepen the engagement with your prospect by asking more questions. This will keep the sales process going, give time for the prospect to develop an even greater comfort level with you, and get you additional information which will assist you in helping your customer.

These are questions like, "What else have you already looked at that had features that you like? or "What else have you looked at?" or "what do you like best about this notebook, and what do you like the least?"; "What features are missing from this product?" Etc. Ideally, you would have already asked a lot of these questions up front rather than waiting until there is an objection.

3. Develop sales momentum throughout your sales interaction with your prospect. The greater the momentum, the higher the likelihood that the prospect will become a customer.

4. Before you ask for the sale, always do a test close to verify that your product is on the right track. "Do you think we're on the right track with this particular notebook, or not?" What you want is the prospect to answer truthfully. If you get a "yes", then you continue to closing, but if the prospect hesitates, then you have to back up and re-evaluate because the prospect isn't sold on your product yet. There's something missing or they have some hesitation, and you have to find out why.

5. Ask "What is it that you'll be comparing this machine to?"Again, to keep the flow of information coming and to keep the prospect engaged.

I hope that helps. The best to you. - by Skip Anderson
Usually when a prospect wants to shop around, you as the sales person have not shown them the value of your product and why it's better or different and why they should purchase yours over the other available products.

Go back and look at your product and similar products on the market. How is yours better or different and how can you present that to your prospects?

Also, when handling an objection you need to convert the stated objection as a question. You can't answer a statement, however, you can answer a question. So feed the objection back to the prospect in the form of a question so you understand what they are saying.

Then isolate the objection.

At that point you will be able to go back and see if you can answer the objection right then and there and close the sale. - by Jim Klein
Jim, an excellent point about isolating the objection. I agree that this step is key.

Skip - by Skip Anderson
thanks for any advise. may I miss something about value and diferensations produck, I will evaluate my presentations and comunications sales process

thanks much......thmbp2; - by azisnur07
I would say something like this..

"Had you already looked around and decided MY product was best to fit your needs, would we be doing business today?"

This will keep the conversation going and help you to find the true objection.. - by tbeezy
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.