Home > Presentation > How Do I Get Second Meeting - Help

How Do I Get Second Meeting - Help

Hello Everyone,

I am new to sales and have a B2B product, in fact market research.
I have presented to many companies who were very excited about the product and wanted to sign up, some even told me I want to take out this amount (package). Please don't laugh but I walked away from them saying that will be great (in the future). I didn't close them. In fact they told me they wanted to sign up and I didn't offer them an order form. (ok laugh then).

Anyway, I have callled a couple back and they now say they aren't interested - surprise surprise.

What is a way to call them and get the chance to present again to those people and this time close them?

Any help is appreciated. - by marketer
Do they still have a problem they want to solve? Fan the flame. - by Gilbert
When you met with these people, did you develop an understanding of their business problem -or- did you just assume that because they met with you they had a problem you could help solve?

My experience is that if you don't spend a good portion of your first meeting (a) asking questions to make sure that you understand the prospect's business problem (as it relates to your solution); (b) finding and confirming the bottom-line business impact that your solution may deliver to that problem; and (c) gaining commitment that the prospect actually wants to solve the problem - your chances of getting a second meeting are slim to none.

I suggest that you examine ways to change your approach going forward.

Regarding the previous first calls, if you can translate your solution into a bottom-line for that specific business, you can call back and request another meeting to "show you how improved research can help you solve the [summarize their problem] problem we discussed in our first meeting.

My gut tells me that people you have met with either don't understand how you can help them be more profitable and/or productive -or- the problem you address is not in the Top Ten list of things they feel they need to change.

Good Selling! - by jcundiff
What is a way to call them and get the chance to present again to those people and this time close them?
Did you find a great answer to this yet? - by Thomas
Any help is appreciated.
Well my friend unfortanetly you lost the sales momentum. Chalk it up as a leson, and don't look back. But by all means learn from your mistake, never leave a demonstration without asking for the order at least twice.

The good news is you realized what you didn't do. I love the fact that you seem to have a good sense of humor about it all though, that shows that you have what it takes to be sucessfull, good luck, one of these days you will look back on that and laugh yourself.

~James - by Mr. Cesario
Wow, this post is quite old but I hope it worked out for you. - by Faizalnisar
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.