Home > Cold Calling > Form Network Marketing, Cold Calling AFTER your warm market

Form Network Marketing, Cold Calling AFTER your warm market

What are the best places to COLD CALL if you are doing an MLM? Do you just talk to everyone if you happen to be in a store, sit down at a mall bench and talk to whoever comes near, call people out of the white pages, what?

Go door to door, phone call, which is best? - by Boxurian
What are the best places to COLD CALL if you are doing an MLM? Do you just talk to everyone if you happen to be in a store, sit down at a mall bench and talk to whoever comes near, call people out of the white pages, what?

Go door to door, phone call, which is best?
I'm not in MLM but MitchM knows a lot about that. He might see this and post a reply. - by Thomas
My experience is twelve years this month with one company. I looked into many others, joined a couple, and found a home twelve years ago.

As far as marketing we've done everything: radio ads, classified print ads, fliers, career expositions and health fairs, purchased leads, cold calling, talking with people we know, meeting strangers, using Welcome Home Wagon lists - you name it. So I'll give you some examples of some of these.

We first went to everyone we knew telling them about our company and products along with the opportunity to join the company as a distributor. Our intention was to inform and ask if they wanted what we had BUT we strayed from that for a while being more aggressive in trying to make sales. Eventually we got back on track and made our business an offer.

Many of our ten - twelve year customers and distributors are friends and family. Go to friends and family to offer but NOT to force or create a sale. If you believe in your product and opportunity you owe it to them and yourself to let them know BUT with the right attitude - one of trust and respect.

Radio advertising - the business opportunity - has brought us distributors and customers. Classified advertising never has done that but we know others who have used it successfully.

Expos and fairs have brought us customers and distributors.

We've had success calling local small business owners and offering them a business opportunity - we use business cards and yellow pages, etc. Purchased leads have been good for some of our distributors but I've never purchased them.

I enjoy meeting people when I'm out and that's been good too.

Know your product and company well, your opportunity and why you believe in it. We suggest you do one - three (if you have another job) hours a day of prospecting and the best way to use that time is to pick up the phone. Purchasing leads is fine BUT many of the leads you purchase that are supposed to be qualified leads from people looking for a business opportunity are not - you can spend lots of money buying poor leads.

If you have any specific questions about anyof this ask.

MitchM - by MitchM
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.