Home > Personal Development > One of the BIGGEST makes you can make in life is...

One of the BIGGEST makes you can make in life is...

I absolutely believe that one of the biggest mistakes you can make in life is not having a desired outcome that you're working towards.

What importance do you place on knowing what you want? - by Mikey
This is a great topic, Mikey.

For me, knowing what I want is vital. How can any of us achieve our goals if we aren't pointed in the right direction? And the only way we know what direction to point ourselves in is to know where we want to end up. - by Skip Anderson
It's absolutely essential to know what you want and more importantly why you want it if you ever expect to go anywhere. - by Jim Klein
I absolutely believe that one of the biggest mistakes you can make in life is not having a desired outcome that you're working towards.

What importance do you place on knowing what you want?
The importance of this took me entirely too long to appreciate. :( - by SpeedRacer
Everyone has different ideas of what "what do you want" means and it changes all the time. It's one of those cliches that means everything and nothing at the same time and requires definition.

Then the definition requires further definition. Some say people always get what they want but not always what they need. Some put it in reverse - people get what they need but not always what they want.

Soul searching mind mapping intention planning questions include:

1. what do you want?

2. why do you want it?

3. why don't you want it or why don't you already have it?

4. what will it look like when you get it - how will it change things?

How people set goals and plans produce different responses also. It's a big topic. - by MitchM
Alice asks the Cheshire Cat "Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"

"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.

"I don't much care where--" said Alice.

"Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.

--Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland - by MagicMan
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.