Home > Personal Development > Success in sales and life; pushing through negativity

Success in sales and life; pushing through negativity

If you have been involved in sales for more than a few days, I am sure you’ve been subjected to all of the negativity in the world. Likewise, if you have been pursuing a dream in life, negativity can bring you to a stop if you let it.

So how do you know when to keep pushing forward towards closing a deal or taking advantage of an opportunity? The answer is simple; when you believe in something and it feels right, it is!

This statement may sound overly simplistic to you but if you look into it a bit further, you will realize the validity of the statement. Let use this simple sales scenario as an example to illustrate the point. Let’s say a life insurance salesman is trying to close a prospect. The prospect, however, is avoiding signing the dotted line and giving excuse after excuse not to sign up. Listen closely here. The difference between success and failure in life and sales is when you know that your product or service is ideal for the prospect and you believe in it, you can push through ANY stall, objection, or excuse because you know the prospect will benefit from your goods and /or services. That’s right; PUSHING through stops, PUSHING through excuses, PUSHING past the garbage.

In life, the correct action when you believe in something is to PUSH through all things that say you can’t, you shouldn’t, or any thing of the sort. When you believe in something so strongly that you can feel it is right, you can plow through others weakness because you know you have conviction and purpose behind whatever you’re doing or selling.

The door to door salesman knows his vacuum cleaner is superior to any on the market so he goes DOOR to DOOR because he is confident his vacuum will do the job and make his customer’s life easier. Some call it hard sell. I call it being successful.

All the best,

Mike Malone - by salespro
But what if I don't want a vacuum cleaner. Then the salesperson is just being pushy. Right? - by Thomas
"The prospect, however, is avoiding signing the dotted line and giving excuse after excuse not to sign up. Listen closely here. The difference between success and failure in life and sales is when you know that your product or service is ideal for the prospect and you believe in it, you can push through ANY stall, objection, or excuse because you know the prospect will benefit from your goods and /or services. Thatís right; PUSHING through stops, PUSHING through excuses, PUSHING past the garbage." Mike

To personalize it, I don't want some pushy salesman who knows it all and knows what someone needs and is going to buy treating my mother, my children, my grandchildren, my wife - the people I love and care about - like that.

MitchM - by MitchM
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.