Home > Marketing > Local Area Marketing

Local Area Marketing

Hello.
I am wondering what are some Local Area Marketing ideas that you think work great in your area.

I am tying to compile a list of ideas to get the local phone sales company i work for out there.

It can be small ie taking some demo phones to a RSL Club (Old peoples club) and show them how a low plan can benefit them with a very cheap phone etc.

What would you suggest? - by myers1984
Target your market(s) for cold/prospect/purchased calling. BNI is good for many people - look into a local franchise, attend two meetings and see if it looks promising for you. Know what differentiates you from the competition - what your product features to offer people. Connect with someone who can be a good source of referrals and visa versa - someone who is into markets you want to get into and visa versa.

The best to you.

MitchM - by MitchM
The best place for cheap marketing is usually the Chambers of Commerce. Plus you get a list of all the businesses in the area. - by MPrince
Here are some more tips which may help you.

1) Order a listing in the Yellow Pages if you haven’t done so already.
2) Place small display ads in appropriate sections of weekly or daily newspapers.
3) Make arrangements to exchange coupons and do joint mailings with noncompeting local businesses who serve the same clientele.
4) Write up a press release announcing your business and send it to local newspapers.
5) Consider some type of giveaway—refer a friend, get a free service, or whatever might be appropriate for you business.
6) Put up a website and get it listed in search engines.
7) Network, network, network! Get into whatever groups are appropriate so people get to know you. - by Team Building FL
Hi myers1984,

Does your company already have a website? If so, is it optimised for people searching locally for your type of products and services? This could certainly generate local leads and build your profile.

Another idea would be to put an entry into "Google Maps Local Search". Often when people are looking for products and services in the local community via Google, an entry next the big map location (preferably at the top) is where many first look msnwnk;

If you need any further online local marketing pointers, please let me know.

Good luck! thmbp2;

Tony - by Tonyd
Tony

Much depends on your budget and just how aggressive you want to be. There are thousands of ways that work but how deep are your pockets? - by MPrince
Tony

Much depends on your budget and just how aggressive you want to be. There are thousands of ways that work but how deep are your pockets?
MPrince,

Google Map Local Advertising is free. Also local SEO is not rocket science or expensive to implement (Titles, Meta Desc, Footer, Copy etc). Plus in-bound links to your website would help etc. Not to mention being in DMOZ or Yahoo Dir...

Tony - by Tonyd
Submit your business details, ideas and contact info into local websites which are the much popular in your local area and apply the other ideas as my friends already told you in this post.

thank you! - by Team Building FL
In my experience small business has a massive opportunity to promote their brand, products and service by being more involved in their local community. - by ccharanya363
MPrince,

Google Map Local Advertising is free. Also local SEO is not rocket science or expensive to implement (Titles, Meta Desc, Footer, Copy etc). Plus in-bound links to your website would help etc. Not to mention being in DMOZ or Yahoo Dir...

Tony
Tony

I have a small business in a very small town and Google, Yahoo, etc. does very little to help me "locally". Even my website is limited in what it can do for me at home. What I have found to work best are these things; Get involved with your Chamber of Commerce, most local businesses are there. Also, get involved with community organizations such as the community theater, art center, library and donate some of your precious time to them, F2F calls in a small town will do you a world of good and create a facebook page for you or your business. - by MPrince
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.