Home > Personal Development > Are "Golden Hours" still Golden?

Are "Golden Hours" still Golden?

In the book, "The 4-Hour Workweek", Timothy Ferriss wrote, "If I simply made all my calls from 8:00-8:30 A.M. and 6:00-6:30 P.M., for a total of one hour, I was able to avoid secretaries and book more than twice as many meetings as the senior sales executives who called from 9-5. In other words, I got twice the results for 1/8 the time."

Do you think this strategy would still be as productive in today's business environment? - by Marcus
If you call early and late you are more likely to catch top level executives. What is even better is learning the habits of your prospects by spot calling for 30-60 minutes in different parts of the day. Do an analysis from the sampling and see what hour was most productive. From this test you can determine:

1. When you are at your best.
2. When you reached the most contacts. - by karlgoldfield

It still works for me.

Greg - by gstebbins
Before business hours and after business hours are still the best times to reach high-level executives. Support staff is gone and the decision-maker could very well be answering her own phone.

A second choice (though not as productive) is during the lunch hours. Gatekeepers are out for lunch, but that high-level executive could very well be at her desk. - by Wendy Weiss
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.