Home > Cold Calling > Door to door sales

Door to door sales

Hello I saw you on yahoo and I would like to ask you for some advise. My daughter wants to sell magazines for a fundraiser door to door. This is important to her and I want to help. I'm not a salesperson and I don't know what to say. Can you tell me what she can say to make it easier? Thank you for your help. :) - by ramona

Magazines might be a tough sale. I think candy/cookies usually go over better, but here's what I'd suggest, assuming your daughter's name is Ramona:

Hi, my name is Ramona, and I am raising money for [name of the fund]. The money will be used for [the fund's purpose], and it's important to me because [why she's motivated to work to raise the funds]. I'm asking all my neighbors if they could help me out, and in return, I'll help you save money on your next magazine subscription!

Assuming, of course, that it is a money savings, or the convenience of renewing the subscription, or something. Hopefully if someone purchases a subscription to a magazine they already get regularly, the subscription will just be renewed??

I'd try to find some real benefit like that. Just selling subscriptions is something I think a lot of people shy away from because they think they're receiving enough magazines already! If they can extend the term of their subscription purchasing through you, or if the cost is lower, I'd emphasize those points.

Also, if your daughter explains what the money will be used for and why she was motivated to do the fund raising, her potential customers will be able to better relate to her request.

Best of luck!

Kathleen - by KSA-Mktg
Ok thank you. That sounds really good. I don't know about renewals and I'll have her ask. Thank you very very much for helping. Have a good night. :) - by ramona
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.