Home > Advertising > What Does Your Business Address Say?

What Does Your Business Address Say?

If you are operating a business from your home and your post office address clearly indicates a home address, you may want to re-think your marketing strategy.

A Rural Route 2 address can plainly say your business might be in a bedroom at home, or worse, in the barn. Does 27 Sleeping Beauty Circle look like a business address to you?

If your business is still at home and your address screams it, get a post office box. - by BIG Mike
I have a friend who works from home but he pays a hundred bucks a month for a 'virtual' office which isn't much more than a mailbox at a fancy office with a good address. - by Thomas
The times of being able to fool people with a PO box are over. Everybody knows that "1257 E Main St, Suite c105-226" is just a private mailbox.

If someone is not comfortable doing business with me merely because my address is my home office then I probably don't want then as a client. - by dbarnhart
We've found a business address on a business card isn't as important as a simple business logo and tag, name and contact information including web site, email address, and phone numbers.

Also, writing on a business card you hand out something specific to the conversation with that person will personalize it and usually give that person a reason to keep it long term and not pitch it or pack it up with the hundreds of others that don't stand out.

The best of the best of success to you whatever you seek.

MitchM - by MitchM
If you are operating a business from your home and your post office address clearly indicates a home address, you may want to re-think your marketing strategy.

A Rural Route 2 address can plainly say your business might be in a bedroom at home, or worse, in the barn. Does 27 Sleeping Beauty Circle look like a business address to you?

If your business is still at home and your address screams it, get a post office box.

Hmm my consulting work is done from home and I make no bones about it. In todays world with people telecommuting it is an accepted practice.

I really think it depends on the "ticket" of what you are selling before that would ever become part of the equation on whether someone would do business with you or not.

What is more important is do you deliver on the services that you are providing.`

Paul Rushing
912-266-1629 - by PaulRushing
I can see it both ways. Although it does not look "professional" to have a home address listed as a business address, I think the idea of people working from home is a lot more acceptable now than it was 10 years ago.

Maybe someone could do an experiment? PO Box vs. Home Address? - by ginac84
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.