Home > Personal Selling > How to ask for life insurance business

How to ask for life insurance business

How do I exactly ask people to take out an insurance policy from me without being ashamed and pushy. What exactly should I talk to friends and relatives when I meet them in party and marraiges and social functions to take out an insurance ploicy from me without being ashamed and pushy. I would like to know how do I confidently and in a relaxed manner approach friends, relatives and strangers for life insurance and ask them to buy life insurance policy from me. what exactly words, script and sentences should I say to ask them to take out an life insurance policy from me. I will be thankful if you can provide with a sample sales pitch on how to ask for life insurance business. Also please help me with what do I do After I introduce myself at the beginning of a first meeting, what Should I do?
1) How do I tell my I tell my prospect about my product/service(please provide me with a sample script)
2) How do I ask my prospect if they want to buy my product/service (please provide me with a sample script)

3) How do I ask my prospect questions to get information about his needs and to engage him (please provide me with a list of open probing questions so to find out the needs)

I will be thankful if you can provide me with some script, and some examples for each of the following 3 points mentioned above. - by dennis27
How do I exactly ask people to take out an insurance policy from me without being ashamed and pushy.
Dennis, this is a good question. An entire book could be written to answer your question, but I'll offer a few ideas for you to consider.

First, you've got to believe in your product to a large degree. If you feel ashamed selling your product, you'll never succeed. So either get to the point that you see value in what you're selling, or find a different product or company to work for.

Secondly, you don't need to be "pushy" (in fact, I think it's detrimental to the sales process in most cases), but you definitely DO need to be assertive. A passive salesperson will not succeed at developing a book of business. Your goal is assertiveness!

...how do I confidently and in a relaxed manner approach friends, relatives and strangers for life insurance and ask them to buy life insurance policy from me.
The first step is the approach. You need to gather business cards, names, phone numbers and email addresses. Then, contact them later to introduce yourself and your product and to see if they'd be interested in talking with you further. Many threads at SalesPractice are about prospecting and opening the conversation.

Also please help me with what do I do After I introduce myself at the beginning of a first meeting, what Should I do?
Your goal should be prospect engagement. Get the prospect talking to you. You do this by asking open-ended questions. "What concerns do you have about...." or "what kinds of insurance do you have now?" or "what gaps in insurance coverage do you think you might have." etc. There are hundreds of questions, but you've got to get the prospect talking. As you build trust and rapport with your prospect, you can introduce some of your products that you think might be valuable.

The best to you, Dennis. - by Skip Anderson
I will be thankful if you can provide me with some script, and some examples for each of the following 3 points mentioned above.
I don't have any scripts but I can give you a few tips.

It really doesn't matter what you sell the sales process is the same, the first thing that has to happen is the other person has to want to talk or listen to you. This is the approach or engage step.

The second thing that has to happen is the other person has to be willing to open up and tell you a few things about their situation. This is the inquiry or probing step.

Once steps one and two are completed you can move on to step three where you position whatever it is you're offering with the prioritized needs previously discovered during the inquiry or probing step. - by Houston
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.