Home > Approach > How to Be Influential

How to Be Influential

I would like to begin a thread on some strageties that would aid one in being influential. What are some strageties that you have used to influence others? - by Joeylean
I would like to begin a thread on some strageties that would aid one in being influential. What are some strageties that you have used to influence others?
Here 's a concept that works: Prestige - by Marcus
From John C. Maxwell and Jim Dornan's excellent book "Becoming a Person of Influence" (a book I recommend):

I- Integrity
N- Nurtures others
F- Faith in people
L- Listens to people
U- Understands people
E- Enlarges people
N- Navigates for other people
C- Connects with people
E- Empowers people
R- Reproduces other influencers

Skip Anderson - by Skip Anderson
F- Faith in people
For me, that's the hardest one. There is good in everyone, but everyone kinda sucks too. Otherwise, the rest makes sense. Sort of a do unto others mentality. - by D.M055
Here 's a concept that works: Prestige
"We must use the prestige of someone else, or the prestige of something we personally have done to impress our prospect even before the first interview."
Ralph G. Engelsman ~ Practical Prospecting (1935) thmbp2; - by AZBroker
What are some strageties that you have used to influence others? -- topic question Joeylean

My strategy is the way I live my life regardless whether I'm in a business or non business situation which is to be genuine and interested in the other person, to listen well and ask questions that come from the conversation, and to keep an open and responsive mind.

Influence comes from something more basic and common to the human condition than any strategies we can learn BUT strategies well learned and integrated into an instinctual context of alert and attentive intention can be a source of influence.

MitchM - by MitchM
In my opinion.....

I find that caring for your customers needs, returning their calls, being a resource to build a relationship over time is the most influential.

When you become a resource (partner) then you have the highest level of influence. It takes time and effort but makes your immunity to price much higher and moves you to the top of the "people to call list" when they need something.

Tnis may not apply to some sales as they one time sales but in most business to business sales it applies.

Good Selling!!

Sell4alivn - by Sell4alivn
I think a great strategy is the constant use of The Platinum Rule (better than the golden rule)! Treat everyone the way they want to be treated vs. the way that you would want to be treated.

Timepro - by TimePro
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.