Home > Personal Development > How do you overcome an inferiority complex?

How do you overcome an inferiority complex?

I haven't been in real estate all that long and haven't done that many deals. Sometimes when I'm prospecting I get a little discouraged and doubt myself because of my lack of experience. My friend called it an inferiority complex. How do you overcome an inferiority complex? - by realtor
"The greatest secret for eliminating the inferiority complex, which is another term for deep and profound self-doubt, is to fill your mind to overflowing with faith. Develop a tremendous faith in God and that will give you a humble yet soundly realistic faith in yourself."
- Norman Vincent Peale (The Power of Positive Thinking) - by AZBroker
Thank you AZBroker. I'll check out that book.

Any other ideas? - by realtor
realtor, I want to commend you for looking for solutions to your current sales challenge!

The way I see it, "getting discouraged" and "doubting yourself" are not the same thing as having "an inferiority complex." So let me ask you this:

Do you think your problem is more related to getting discouraged, or doubting yourself, or an inferiority complex? - by Skip Anderson
I'm not sure if it's an inferiority complex or maybe it is an inferiority complex and depression. The other agents know the business better than me and that's intimidating. I'm still scared I'm going to do something wrong and get my licensed yanked. I don't make the money those agents make so my budget is a lot less for advertising, cars, clothes and functions. I thought I would be doing better but things aren't working out like I wanted. :( - by realtor
Realtor, it sounds like you might have some confidence issues.

Here's your starting point: You're not doing as well as you expected.

So now you've got a decision to make: do you keep going, or give up? Only you can make that decision. Many agents have been at the same crossroads.

Without knowing much about you and your specific situation, I would suggest that you keep going. You've got experience and knowledge that you've gained, now you need to utilize it get yourself to the next level. Instead of looking at this situation as a failure, perhaps you could look at it as an opportunity.

You need to determine what you need to change. If you keep doing the same things you'll likely get the exact same results, so your focus should be to: (1) identify what needs to change; and (2) make the change.

It sounds like you could use the help of a sales mentor or sales coach who can give you some guidance and perspective. Do you have someone like that who you can rely upon for help?

What are your thoughts, Realtor? - by Skip Anderson
What are your thoughts, Realtor?
I have issues I know. One of the best agents in the office is working with me right now and my eyes have been opened. The way my day is structured now I'm either showing homes or making calls and visits. I haven't sold anything yet but I'm talking to way more people than I ever was. :) - by realtor
it sounds to me like your biggest concern is your lack of experience. the only way to fix that, is to hang in there and make sure you learn something new every day. keep a journal where you can write down one thing new you learned that day. - by tbeezy
Everyone of us who post here and thousands of gurus who teach/coach these things will offer their insights. Which is for you which will help if any or in what combination no one knows including you. Knowing that is a start! Think about that.

Recognizing the question you ask to start this thread is asserting a positive quest and intention is also a start. Think about that.

What those two starts tell you about yourself is one question to think about, realtor. Your answers can really help you.

The best of the best to you.

MitchM - by MitchM
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.