Home > Marketing > Visual Merchandising

Visual Merchandising

At my college, at the end of the quarter in my English 112 class I am required to make a presentation on some aspect of my major. Obviously, I'm a Marketing Management major, and I decided to do mine on Visual Merchandising.

But I need 3 reliable sources that must be listed in the final form of my presentation. I'm not even sure where to begin, except for the not-so-great GALILEO web search; you have to be extremely specific when wanting to find something there, and even then you might not even have the right wording to have product search results.

So if anyone here knows a reliable source, perhaps on the internet (NOT wikipedia), please let me know! sn; All help is appreciated.

Also, presentations will begin June 10th! Ack!

;bg - by Sokka
Hi Sokka, good luck on your project.

What is the thesis of your presentation? What do you want to say about visual merchandising? What kind of sources are you looking for? What kind of information do you want/need? Do you have any thoughts you could share?

Skip Anderson - by Skip Anderson
It's not really a thesis. Unless I misunderstand the meaning of the word. It's a visual presentation, and I decided to do mine on PowerPoint because I've done presentations on it before.

I'm thinking about just going over the basics of window displays, and one other kind of display, maybe showcase, but I'm not sure yet.

Any kind of information, including display materials, seasonal displays, pertaining to displays. (I know, I'm not much help. xerm;)

I need 3 different sources, and I think probably two good ones on the internet would work, and I might be able to find a book on it, so that would be three. Or perhaps 3 different sources on the internet.

I don't know how I can narrow it down for you, I'm afraid at this point, this is all I know. xerm;:dun - by Sokka
At my college, at the end of the quarter in my English 112 class I am required to make a presentation on some aspect of my major. Obviously, I'm a Marketing Management major, and I decided to do mine on Visual Merchandising.

But I need 3 reliable sources that must be listed in the final form of my presentation. I'm not even sure where to begin, except for the not-so-great GALILEO web search; you have to be extremely specific when wanting to find something there, and even then you might not even have the right wording to have product search results.

So if anyone here knows a reliable source, perhaps on the internet (NOT wikipedia), please let me know! sn; All help is appreciated.

Also, presentations will begin June 10th! Ack!

;bg
Why not go to an advertising agency and and get information from their planners that would be a great source, another would be a big department store that has someone there in charge of there displays and another place would be a newspaper or a magazine. These are sources that should give you plenty of information. You can google advertising agencies and get a number. Even groceries stores...talk to the store manager because they sell through visual merchandising all the time.

Warmest Regards - by MPrince
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.