Home > Follow-up > Old fashioned follow-up lists

Old fashioned follow-up lists

I was given an old fashioned spreadsheet by one of the best salespeople in the office yesterday. The spreadsheet has a place for a name and notes and next to that thirty one boxes for each day of the month. I'm supposed to make copies for different types of leads I get like buyers, sellers and fizzbos. Every time I talk with someone I'm to mark the day we talked. She does well so I'm excited about the idea but it does seem very basic. What do you use? - by realtor
The importance of follow-up to my business is as important as selling and sponsoring. U use 4 x 6 cards and paper note books and a spread sheet online, my wife uses 8 1/2 x 11 follow-up forms and note books.

We also keep records on different kinds of leads. We wouldn't have an international network today had we not done follow-up. I would suggest that good follow-up AND good follow-up records are crucial to every business.

MitchM - by MitchM
Some time the simple things are the best. Having a follow up system in the most basic form is better than no system.

Go for it!

Good Selling

Sell4alivn - by Sell4alivn
I was given an old fashioned spreadsheet by one of the best salespeople in the office yesterday. The spreadsheet has a place for a name and notes and next to that thirty one boxes for each day of the month. I'm supposed to make copies for different types of leads I get like buyers, sellers and fizzbos. Every time I talk with someone I'm to mark the day we talked. She does well so I'm excited about the idea but it does seem very basic. What do you use?
it's a good idea if you enjoy looking through a bunch of papers, and having to keep everything organized constantly... Our store uses a system called "Jazel". There's many out there just like it. You enter all of your prospects, leads, ups, current clients, etc. You type in whatever information you want, and you can input scheduled appointments, phone calls, mail-outs, etc. If you're supposed to follow up in 3 months, it'll automatically update itself and show you in your planner that you need to follow up with this person... It's very convenient, and all you have to do is double click, enter a username and password, and "whala!" ;bg - by MissJackson
Here is the reality - Realtors did very well before there were digital systems to tell you when to call someone back.

Here is another reality - contact managers are far more effective than spreadsheets for keeping track of prospects. Why? Because as the list gets bigger and bigger it is harder to find the call back info.

A card box with index cards is better than a spreadsheet ... as in the system that Mitch proposes. However, today, with digital D.I.D. technology, you can save so much time over looking for a 6 by 4 card when a prospect surprises you - or an ad responses (an "up") is generated - or simply to have the number dialed for you. This added efficiency means more time to sell or more time for family or both.

My software automatically pulls up the client info from a call in. And it works any where in the U.S. plus is designed for sale to individuals (meaning you do not have to buy 5 copies as a minimum as with many packages).

This has several time saving advantages, both from advertising and sales perspectives. And it automatically handles direct marketing - the newsletters that are sent out. Not only that but it comes with specific websites for various types of lead generation, as in looking for real estate investors.

Having names added directly to your database from several websites, without you lifting a finger, creating a record from an in-bound call, displaying a record that is already in your database from an inbound call and listing your daily call backs ... there is more ... the reality is you will do much better if you automate. even if your goal is just to spend less time working and more time with family.

Manual systems like the spreadsheet you mention are less than desirable solutions to the desire to automate.

If you want a free one-on-one demo of how to automate, how to generate leads of prospects who want to invest in real estate, how to market to your prospects to generate more business and how to find more prospects ... be more than glad to help. - by Gold Calling
I'm not as high tech as you guys and you are right it does take time thumbing through the list but right now this is working out good. I might feel different at the end of this month though. :) - by realtor
As Mitch (I believe) said previously, follow-ups are just as important as selling. Funny story is that today was a very quiet day in retail and without a call back, we wouldn't have ended with a poor result.

My callback procedure is very simple, it's a specially printed notepad with fields for the most important information.

Something I'm starting to do more is appointment follow-up calls. I'm setting appointment days and time for when the customer would like me to callback instead of calling my contacts on a slow day. - by MrCharisma
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.