Home > Social Influence > Does "No" cause resistance?

Does "No" cause resistance?

Many books on selling cover the "Yes-Yes" mind set and-or avoiding a "No" reaction.

What do you think? Does "No" cause resistance? - by AZBroker
Many books on selling cover the "Yes-Yes" mind set and-or avoiding a "No" reaction.

What do you think? Does "No" cause resistance?
From which direction does NO come from and in which direction is resistance caused? - by MitchM
From which direction does NO come from and in which direction is resistance caused?
I understand your question, Mitch, as it occurred in my mind also. But I don't think it matters.

Lies cause resistance. Ultimately they precede failure.

If no is the truth, I not only want to hear it--I want to add it to my morning cereal.

My father used to tell me that "no" is the most powerful word in our language. Maybe--maybe not. I came to realize that it can redefine a relationship. I still think that's true. But I didn't benefit until I took it a step further by realizing that the word brings forth clarity in both short term and long term relationships.

It's no coincidence that among the men and women who I admire most and who have taught professional selling are those who value both "no", and uncovering honest answers. Among them are David Sandler, Jacques Werth, Jim Camp, and, I would