Home > Closing > Changing Places Closing Technique

Changing Places Closing Technique

Here's a close that sounds interesting, the "changing places close".

Here's an example I found: "Mary, would you put yourself in my shoes? If you were selling to someone, and you didn't know why he wasn't buying, what would you do?"

Has anyone used this with success? - by bridger480

Here's an example I found: "Mary, would you put yourself in my shoes? If you were selling to someone, and you didn't know why he wasn't buying, what would you do?"

Has anyone used this with success?
Try this if you can, bridger480, put yourself in Mary's place so the seller is saying that to you. What would you say and how would you feel? - by MitchM
Try this if you can, bridger480, put yourself in Mary's place so the seller is saying that to you. What would you say and how would you feel?
Mitch, are you familiar with this particular close? - by bridger480
Mitch, are you familiar with this particular close?
There are probably others here more familiar with this one having used it. I'm familiar with it in passing meaning I've read it in a book that had a lot of closing and overcoming objections things to memorize and say - they looked convincing and probably are used to some degree of success.

I've never used it - I was just wondering what one [you] would say and feel in that situation - no one has ever said it to me. To you? How are you familiar with it other than it came with a course on selling or from a selling material.

It sounds to me like you haven't used it either or had it used on you. - by MitchM
It sounds to me like you haven't used it either or had it used on you.
I have not yet used that close. I've been on Google this morning looking up closes and this one came up a few times. There are many others. I'll post a few more that I have found. - by bridger480

Has anyone used this with success?
Variations of the "changing places close" are frequently taught and used in the Network Marketing industry--not for prouct sales, but for opportunity sales.

I conducted a seminar a few years ago in Toronto and one of the attendees asked if she could sit at my table during lunch break. She used a version of the technique on me. I was impressed with the way she did it. But I knew what she was doing so I was more focused more on her performance than I was on her proposition (opportunity--that is!). I thought the concept was viable. - by Gary Boye
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.