Home > Cold Calling > How to cold call effectively

How to cold call effectively

What are the keys to effective cold calling? The real meat and potatoes please. thmbp2; - by Thomas
Hello Thomas: The keys to effective cold calling is Number 1 your attitude! When you are making calls only 27% of the communication are the words you say. 73% of the communication is all the aspects of your tonality -- (according to Dr. Birdwhistle out of the University of Pennsylvania.) Have a strong powerful value proposition. Your list is vital. Do your market research on your list. Get as close to your target market as possible. Detach from the outcome. It used to "bug" me when people would teach -- count how many "no's" you can get. Until I realized what was really being taught is the concept of detaching from the outcome. When we are attached to the outcome. . . and do not get what we want. . . that makes us miserable! Learn how to engage people. - by Connie Kadansky
Most cold callers focus on what they want.... to sell the person something or get an appointment.... and never pay attention to what the person they are calling needs. Focus on serving rather than selling. Using a short script is always good. You might research the top 5 reasons businesses fail and write your script in a way that positions you as a resource with products, services and information to prevent that from happening. - by jdedwa11
Be "Open" with the potential clients. Make sure you are listening to them. Find out what their issues are they are facing and determine how your product or service can help them solve their issue.

Most of all be honest with them. It is ok if they are not a "sale" except the fact that everyone might not purchase from you. But if you let it get you down they will see that...even over the phone!

Smiles,
Lisa - by lrobertson
What are the keys to effective cold calling? The real meat and potatoes please. thmbp2;
If you're going to be an intrusion be sure and be a Welcomed intrusion. - by Bulldog
If you're going to be an intrusion be sure and be a Welcomed intrusion.
How do you do that? - by Thomas
How do you do that?
You're a welcome intrusion when your call is relevant to what's on the prospect's mind. If the prospect's garage door just broke and you sell garage door repair services the prospect will be more receptive now than ever. - by Bulldog
I worked with a dental lab owner once who was puzzled why he couldn't get much response from dentists when he called on him. I asked him to tell me how he opened the sales call. It went something like...

Hello. I am Joe with Joe's dental lab. We are the most advanced lab in Podunk, America. We have the latest technology available in the field.....puke, puke, puke......

Basically he was bragging about his business but the dentist was getting no communication on how this helped him or why he should care.

I asked the lab owner what difference does it make to the dentist if he has the latest technology.

He told me that he could turn work around twice as fast as his competition which would allow the dentist to better serve his patients.

He then changed his intro to .... Hello. I am Joe with Joe's Dental lab and we reduce the time it takes a dentist to complete lab related dental work. Can I show you how we do this.

This new customer focused approach really changed his results....

Lesson being when you make your approach customer focused to get the results you want. - by Sell4alivn
You're a welcome intrusion when your call is relevant to what's on the prospect's mind. If the prospect's garage door just broke and you sell garage door repair services the prospect will be more receptive now than ever.
Lesson being when you make your approach customer focused to get the results you want.
These are like "talk in terms of the other person's interest" from "How to win friend and influence people". thmbp2; - by Thomas
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.