Home > Closing > Sharp Angle Closing Technique

Sharp Angle Closing Technique

Here is an example I found of a "Sharp Angle Close": "If we can address and clarify the issue you have raised, is there anything else that is a concern to you or keeping us from moving ahead?"

Has anyone used this with success? - by bridger480
Here is an example I found of a "Sharp Angle Close": "If we can address and clarify the issue you have raised, is there anything else that is a concern to you or keeping us from moving ahead?"

Has anyone used this with success?
I use this close once a customer tells me they are not buying the car they told me earlier that they would buy. Sometimes during negotiating the price of a car, a customer will get turned off and decide they will not buy the car at all. I use the 3 M's to narrow down their objection if they will not(and usually will not) let me know what the problem is.

3 M's = (Machine, Me, Money)--In that order :)

• "Mr. Customer, we did pick out the right car for you...right?" Most say "YES"
  • "If that's the right car for you, then I must have done something wrong. It is more important to me for you to have the right car than it is for me to earn the commission on it. Let me get another salesman to help you." Most will stop me and tell me "No, you have done a great job." That only leaves one more thing.
  • "So let me verify I understand....the car we test drove is the car that you want to buy..short pause (just long enought to get a YES)...and you just said I have done a great job addressing your needs...short pause (just long enought to get a YES)...then we must have a problem with this (pointing to the price we are asking for the car). Customer says "YES".
At this point I have narrowed down what is holding them back and say, "So what you are telling me is that if we can work on these numbers and make them better for you, you'll own this car?" Once the customer agrees to this I follow up and ask, "So once we make the numbers work for you, is there anything else that would keep you from driving home tonight in your new car?"

The last part is great! If they say no you have a strong committment to purchase. If they say yes you find out the real reason they are not buying and get another chance to address their concerns.

If anyone sees a weekness in my implementation please let me know as it works for me now and if I could make it better I would just :D - by EXP Creative
That is a great example. That helps me visualize the close in action a lot better. Thank you. :) - by bridger480
You are welcome. I'm glad I could help. - by EXP Creative
If anyone sees a weakness in my implementation please let me know as it works for me now and if I could make it better I would just :D
Zoom, I'm familiar with that process you described because I've seen, and occasionally used, variations. For instance, Tom Hopkins teaches that structure for use in handling the "think it over objection".

I have never seen a better job done of explaining it with clarity than the one you have shared with us. You know your stuff. - by Gary Boye
I have never seen a better job done of explaining it with clarity than the one you have shared with us. You know your stuff.
Thanks Gary! What can I say...I try :cool: - by EXP Creative
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.