Home > Personal Development > Essential attitudes for top sales performance

Essential attitudes for top sales performance

What attitudes would you say are essential for top sales performance? - by Thomas
Thomas, I think attitudes are only important if they impact sales behavior. Attitudes on their own are a non-factor in achieving exceptional sales performance.

Persistence is often thought of as an attitude, but it's really persistent behavior that impacts sales performance.

Bouncebackability (my term for bouncing back from defeat) is often thought of as an attitude, but it's really more about keeping your sales behaviors on track so that exceptional sales performance can blossom.

Constant learning is vital to creating top performance in selling, but again, this is a behavior more than it is an "attitude."

"A Burning Desire to Create Revenue" is an essential attitude, but the attitude only has impact if the desire is turned into action (a behavior). - by Skip Anderson
Thomas, I think attitudes are only important if they impact sales behavior. Attitudes on their own are a non-factor in achieving exceptional sales performance.

Persistence is often thought of as an attitude, but it's really persistent behavior that impacts sales performance.

Bouncebackability (my term for bouncing back from defeat) is often thought of as an attitude, but it's really more about keeping your sales behaviors on track so that exceptional sales performance can blossom.

Constant learning is vital to creating top performance in selling, but again, this is a behavior more than it is an "attitude."

"A Burning Desire to Create Revenue" is an essential attitude, but the attitude only has impact if the desire is turned into action (a behavior).
That is a good point Skip about behavior. Thank you. thmbp2; - by Thomas
That is a good point Skip about behavior. Thank you. thmbp2;
What about attitudes? Aren't there any essential attitudes for salespeople? - by Thomas
What about attitudes? Aren't there any essential attitudes for salespeople?
Attitude is one of the most important things for any sales representative in any industry.

Without a positive attitude, negative occurrences will effect your behaviour which will then effect your state control and your internal representation... with a poor internal rep the stories we create will all be negative thus effecting our results and limiting our potential

...and aren't we all being judged by our results? - by MrCharisma
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.