Home > Management > How can I get started in import trade

How can I get started in import trade

I'm working in an international trade company in China and responsible for bringing in the advanced device from foreign countries. However, I'm passionate to run my own business from importing small products and selling them in Chinese market on my own. You know, with the appreciation of CNY, foreign products will get more competitive power.

I want to find out some small but interesting products, which I think will be more feasible for me to study its business. I have solved the problems about shipment from foreign country to China and sales strategy in China. Now the most crucial obstacle to me is how to find these "small but interesting products" and how to find the sincere parters in foreign countries. May I have your suggestions about above problems and even my whole plan?;sm - by xuwenhu
I'm working in an international trade company in China and responsible for bringing in the advanced device from foreign countries. However, I'm passionate to run my own business from importing small products and selling them in Chinese market on my own. You know, with the appreciation of CNY, foreign products will get more competitive power.

I want to find out some small but interesting products, which I think will be more feasible for me to study its business. I have solved the problems about shipment from foreign country to China and sales strategy in China. Now the most crucial obstacle to me is how to find these "small but interesting products" and how to find the sincere parters in foreign countries. May I have your suggestions about above problems and even my whole plan?;sm
What ideas have you come up with already? - by AZBroker
What ideas have you come up with already?
I want to find an independent businessman in US and carry on my plan. But I don't know how to find this kind of man. - by xuwenhu
Which business you want to do actually, In US there are many procedures that you have to follow to start a business, So you can only start by finding a person in US who could help you in this regard. - by Myinvestorsplace
Don't be limited to one country, i.e. USA. Contact the various Chambers of Commerce and they'll be more than willing to help you. There exists in China various foreign government agencies who want to help their nationals to export to China. Talk to the French, they may have people wanting to sell perfume or wine. The Australians may want to sell services, fish and wine. The Japanese, USA, Scotts, and Irish may be keen to sell Whisky (there are over 700 whiskies). With China becoming more afluent they are spending more on alcoholic drink - by Market People
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.