Home > Cold Calling > Does cold calling send a negative message to the prospect?

Does cold calling send a negative message to the prospect?

The answer might be different for different products or services so for what you do does cold calling send a negative message, like you're desperate for business, to the prospect? - by realtor
The answer might be different for different products or services so for what you do does cold calling send a negative message, like you're desperate for business, to the prospect?
If a Doctor for example cold called it might send a negative message but only because I haven't seen that before. For all I know that is normal somewhere else and nobody has a problem with it. - by Houston
Cold calling works well for us at Salesconx because we're constantly looking for people to fill listings on our site. Most potential clients we call are interested in what we do and join the site with great results!

I agree with Houston in that if someone like a doctor were to cold call that it would seem fishy, but for other businesses, it's just the way it goes. - by ginac84
The answer might be different for different products or services so for what you do does cold calling send a negative message, like you're desperate for business, to the prospect?
IMO, the issue would arise from poor technique. A Doctor with excellent cold calling skills isn't likely to come across as being desperate. - by AZBroker
I agree with AZ - by Skip Anderson
Does anyone want to make a case that cold calling sends a negative message to the prospect? - by realtor
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.