Home > Approach > Software business is hard to approach!

Software business is hard to approach!

Hi,

A lot..a lot.. a lot of organization really do not purchase the software to enchance their current situation.

Im dealling with Document Management System (DMS). approach to corporate user. Yes. They did face some problem by the end user, when approach to end user, they said it is good and help them, definately!

But, for management, for the decisionmaker, software always will be the low priority part, they prefer to increase their productivity via purchasing new mechine. For them, that is tangible! For them, software, is intangible!! Although the user explain to them, it is useful, but they still will put it in the low priority side, due to it is intangible!!!

SO, how to ask or help the end user to approach and show to those management or decision maker that this software is helpful and will help to increase the productivity also??
How to ask the end user to make the appointmnet to meet with the decision maker?

Please help.

Regards,
deUnique - by deUnique
Does the end justify the means? How much more benefit are we talking about? - by SpeedRacer
Hi,

A lot..a lot.. a lot of organization really do not purchase the software to enchance their current situation.

Im dealling with Document Management System (DMS). approach to corporate user. Yes. They did face some problem by the end user, when approach to end user, they said it is good and help them, definately!

But, for management, for the decisionmaker, software always will be the low priority part, they prefer to increase their productivity via purchasing new mechine. For them, that is tangible! For them, software, is intangible!! Although the user explain to them, it is useful, but they still will put it in the low priority side, due to it is intangible!!!

SO, how to ask or help the end user to approach and show to those management or decision maker that this software is helpful and will help to increase the productivity also??
How to ask the end user to make the appointmnet to meet with the decision maker?

Please help.

Regards,
deUnique

Hi deUnique,

I was wondering how you ended up doing last year. Were you able to figure out how to sell the value of that intangible software?

One surefire way is to show significant ROI, as dollars are certainly very tangible to any decision maker.

I too sell document management software and would be interested in sharing ideas.

Best wishes - by klozer
Grinder: Mr.Prospect, you seem like a common sense kinda gal/guy. Let me ask you a question that I think will help clear up this issue. Whats more benefical to state your of mind? (brings emotional side and good analogy setup) being internally healthy or knowing you can go to surgery to fix a problem when it comes? I know for myself and most others your able to perform better when your internally healthy and properly maintained. In my experience and through the experience of my past clients I've come to a conclusion that business's must be run in a similar fashion to ensure it's overall health. By installing good software for your IT section you will put in place healthy and tangible changes to the functioning of your business internally! You can always go purchase another external machine which will cost you MANY times over what some simple software is but you still won't fix the problem of having internal disfunction! So let me point out a few reasons why this is something your business simply can't pass up! - by Grinder
I like that. Good stuff Grinder. Thanks for sharing. - by klozer
If you're REALLY drilling down into the business topics, it's unclear why the prospective account would care whether the solution is "hardware" or "software".

When the probing stays on low level issues, you have difficulty raising above the hardware/software noise. You need to establish how your offering either:
1. solves existing business concerns; AND/OR,
2. pushes the business in a new (profitable) direction;

When you do this effectively, you become the "trusted advisor" NOT the "sales guy flogging iron".

Good luck & Good selling!
Pat - by OUTSource Sales
Grinder: Mr.Prospect, you seem like a common sense kinda gal/guy. Let me ask you a question that I think will help clear up this issue. Whats more benefical to state your of mind? (brings emotional side and good analogy setup) being internally healthy or knowing you can go to surgery to fix a problem when it comes? I know for myself and most others your able to perform better when your internally healthy and properly maintained. In my experience and through the experience of my past clients I've come to a conclusion that business's must be run in a similar fashion to ensure it's overall health. By installing good software for your IT section you will put in place healthy and tangible changes to the functioning of your business internally! You can always go purchase another external machine which will cost you MANY times over what some simple software is but you still won't fix the problem of having internal disfunction! So let me point out a few reasons why this is something your business simply can't pass up!
You ask a question and then answer it for him without let him speak?

Aloha.... Tom - by rattus58
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.