Home > Cold Calling > When your cold calling doesn't work.

When your cold calling doesn't work.

Salespeople don't always get the results they want from their cold calling efforts. I think the results you get from cold calling are commensurate with the skill level you apply to your cold calls. Is that a fair assessment? - by Calvin
Salespeople don't always get the results they want from their cold calling efforts. I think the results you get from cold calling are commensurate with the skill level you apply to your cold calls. Is that a fair assessment?
That's a fair assessment. This isn't to say that cold calling is the best tool at the time given the situation but when cold calling is a viable option and the salesperson's results leave something to be desired the salesperson's performance is most likely the cause. - by Jolly Roger
Most salespeople don't like making cold calls, and they find ways to justify that 'making them is a waste of time'. People don't like to make, the call they don't like to get.

If they had a professional way to do it, that did not make them sound like a 'telemarketer', and that had has a track record of success that would be different.

It is not an easy skill to master, but it is more than just the words used; that is why, just buying a cold call book with their scripts in it doesn't guarantee success.

People should talk with sales trainers that have successful programs to train and mentor people in cold calling and learn why they are different and successful. Then engage them so they can learn how to be successful at it.

Cold calling 'means never having to wait for someone to introduce you to a protential customer'; but only if you know what to do.

It works for me and my clients. - by Paulette Halpern
Most salespeople don't like making cold calls, and they find ways to justify that 'making them is a waste of time'. People don't like to make, the call they don't like to get.

If they had a professional way to do it, that did not make them sound like a 'telemarketer', and that had has a track record of success that would be different.

It is not an easy skill to master, but it is more than just the words used; that is why, just buying a cold call book with their scripts in it doesn't guarantee success.

People should talk with sales trainers that have successful programs to train and mentor people in cold calling and learn why they are different and successful. Then engage them so they can learn how to be successful at it.

Cold calling 'means never having to wait for someone to introduce you to a potential customer'; but only if you know what to do.

It works for me and my clients.
Agreed... agreed... agreed. Well written post Paulette. thmbp2; - by AZBroker
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.