Home > Advertising > Integrated Marketing Communications

Integrated Marketing Communications

Can someone define IMC (Integrated Marketing Communications) for me? What components make up an organization's IMC mix? How are they used in Public Relations?

Thank you in advance for your assistance. - by bmrugger
Can someone define IMC (Integrated Marketing Communications) for me? What components make up an organization's IMC mix? How are they used in Public Relations?
Thank you in advance for your assistance.
IMC is a catch-all term them implies that all of the organization's communications are consistent in theme and messaging, and mutually supporting. In other words, if "quality" is the mantra in one form of marketing, it is echoed throughout all (messaging), or if an advertisement refers to an offer, and you call the company, they know what you are talking about and which sales group to refer you to (tactics).

In practice, it often doesn't work that way, for a number of reasons.

In public relations, a key part of developing the messaging is to check the current messaging used in marketing and advertising programs, and most of all - check with the sales force for how they sell the product (or services.) This is (or should be) the research part of developing the public relations program. - by Consultant
I remember seeing a large accounting firm's extensive list of approved colours and images for use in advertising and internal publications.

Is it common to go to that length, beyond the obvious consistent use of trademarked logos? - by Ricardo
Can someone define IMC (Integrated Marketing Communications) for me?
Integrated Marketing Communications is about delivering a consistent message across all promotion efforts/methods (Advertising, Public Relations, Personal Selling and Sales Promotion).

I remember seeing a large accounting firm's extensive list of approved colours and images for use in advertising and internal publications.

Is it common to go to that length, beyond the obvious consistent use of trademarked logos?
In my experience, yes. If you don't standardize this then you can expect things to be all over the map. - by SpeedRacer
IMS is something what i understand is planning and delivering your marketing tips in a consistent way - by mtajim
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.