Home > Prospecting > Are you too busy for prospecting?

Are you too busy for prospecting?

I schedule time at least twice a week for door knocking and telephone prospecting sessions. I just played golf with a couple guys from another office who felt they were too busy for such rubbish. Are you too busy for prospecting? - by Thomas
The question is what are they busy doing? Statistics show that the average sales person is only getting about three hours of productive time during a work day.

I have seen many sales people who are busy doing tasks they should be paying other people to do for them.

Let me ask you when you were playing golf? Not to say you can't play golf during working hours, however, is that the most productive use of your time?

It is if you've earned it. - by Jim Klein
Playing golf during business hours is fine....as long as in your foursome you have invited a client (who you want to get referrals from) and a prospect who you have previously met, who has a need for your services -- is the decision maker, has a budget for your services, but you haven't closed yet.

Let your client, help you close that sale, ON the golf course....the paperwork details will be easy after that.

That is prospecting as well. Call it creative prospecting, but it is prospecting never the less. - by Paulette Halpern
Playing golf during business hours is fine....as long as in your foursome you have invited a client (who you want to get referrals from) and a prospect who you have previously met, who has a need for your services -- is the decision maker, has a budget for your services, but you haven't closed yet.

Let your client, help you close that sale, ON the golf course....the paperwork details will be easy after that.

That is prospecting as well. Call it creative prospecting, but it is prospecting never the less.

Just make sure you let them win. lagh2;

"Sometimes we are more limited by attitude than by opportunities" - by rlggray
I schedule time at least twice a week for door knocking and telephone prospecting sessions. I just played golf with a couple guys from another office who felt they were too busy for such rubbish. Are you too busy for prospecting?
If your product or service is in such demand that prospects are lining up to give you their money then I see how you'd be too busy to find new business. - by Houston
You should never have the 'mindset' that you are too busy 'too busy' to prospect.

You can ALWAYS be out prospecting, even if it is networking and looking for introductions.

The minute you stop working at 'finding new business opportunities' you start to take the business opportunities you have for 'granted'.

Just like a professsional athlete, when they stop practicing or working out with the trainer, it is harder to ' get in shape' or 'refine their skills to stay at the top of their game'. - by Paulette Halpern
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.