Home > Direct Marketing > Response rates for different mail pieces

Response rates for different mail pieces

Does anyone know where I can find data on what type of mail pieces typically pull better than others? - by Houston
I don't know the data but I understand that a 1-2 percent overall is common.

I think you can possibly bump it up with some type of offer or something they can keep. I used to be a P.I. and process server and I mailed post cards with a punch out rolodex card on it.

I got out of the business two years ago and I still get calls from those cards that I sent out five years ago. - by Sell4alivn
Does anyone know where I can find data on what type of mail pieces typically pull better than others?
Hi Houston,

If your question as to what "type" of mail piece is in relation to format, then postcards are going to be your best choice, with self-mailing brochures taking a close second.

These types of marketing mediums provide the best direct mail ROI due to their instant readability and high visual profile. There's no envelope to open and, the benefit of receiving a lower postage rate makes them an affordable option.

But, just because you use these products, doesn't guarantee you'll receive a great pull. Be sure to invest most of your efforts into obtaining the highest quality mailing list you can. Mailing to relevant recipients who are excited to receive information about your product or service will ALWAYS generate a greater return on your investment.

And be sure you have a good idea of what your ROI potential is before you invest in a mailer. If you can't pull off a profit with a 1-2% conversion on your mailer, it may not be worth it.

There's a wealth of tools online to help you determine your direct mail ROI that can help you select the best quantity to mail to safely determine that you'll come out in the black. - by nugenart
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.