Home > Jobs > Auto Windshield Replacement Job

Auto Windshield Replacement Job

I am considering selling appointments for an Auto Windshield Replacement company.

any advice?

thanx. - by kuana
Get to know your surrounding Insurance companies and local mechanics that don't fix windscreens. Even if it is as little as leaving your business card on their bench,

Also maybe think about joining a rotary or apex club and get yourself know by your local business owners.

Hope this helps a bit - by Indep Rep
I am considering selling appointments for an Auto Windshield Replacement company.

any advice?

thanx.
Would that be a telemarketing position? - by Marcus
kuana,
That depends on several things,
How will you take out your day to day duties - Phone, face to face, email, website, point of sale etc, If you know the answer to this post it and I am sure you will get several helping ideas.

For me though I would make myself known by your local area and in related industries not completing with you.

All the best. - by Snowboy
The owner told me that he did not care how I did it, he just wanted me to get people to make appointments to use his company as their auto windshield replacement servicer. Basically I go out and find people with cracked windshields and offer them his mobile replacement services. The service is covered by insurance companies or at least for those with zero deductible. They also provide service for those without insurance coverage and etc.

thanks - by kuana
kuana,
That depends on several things,
How will you take out your day to day duties - Phone, face to face, email, website, point of sale etc, If you know the answer to this post it and I am sure you will get several helping ideas.

For me though I would make myself known by your local area and in related industries not completing with you.

All the best.
The owner told me that he did not care how I did it, he just wanted me to get people to make appointments to use his company as their auto windshield replacement servicer. Basically I go out and find people with cracked windshields and offer them his mobile replacement services. The service is covered by insurance companies or at least for those with zero deductible it will be no cost to them. They also provide service for those without insurance coverage and etc.

thanks - by kuana
Would that be a telemarketing position?
The owner told me that he did not care how I did it, he just wanted me to get people to make appointments to use his company as their auto windshield replacement servicer. Basically I go out and find people with cracked windshields and offer them his mobile replacement services. The service is covered by insurance companies or at least for those with zero deductible. They also provide service for those without insurance coverage and etc.

thanks - by kuana

any advice?

thanx.
Before taking the job I'd make sure I had a plan for how to generate the number of leads I needed to meet my own goals with methods I can see myself doing. I've seen people at the car washes selling windshield replacements. I'm sure they do fine but I can't see myself doing that. - by Marcus
Hello kuana,
In that case the main thing you need to do is get out in your public area and get yourself known by your locals. You will find that by doing this the business owners and accociates will give you business. I would also suggest going into a Rotary Club or even a Apex Club. This is a great way to meet the local business owners and a great source of networking. All the best with this. - by Snowboy
Thanks all for the comments - by kuana
NO worries kuana - Hope that they helped.

All the best thmbp2; - by Snowboy
Hello kuana,
In that case the main thing you need to do is get out in your public area and get yourself known by your locals. You will find that by doing this the business owners and accociates will give you business. I would also suggest going into a Rotary Club or even a Apex Club. This is a great way to meet the local business owners and a great source of networking. All the best with this.

I am considering asking the owner to let me take a look at the whole business operations from the meeting the receptions to meeting all the technicians that work for him and go on a job.

My reason for this is so I can get a feel of the company as a whole and make sure that I am selling a service that I believe is worth selling. I am also beginning my sales career and I want to build a solid reputation from the start and my biggest fear is that I sell the service and his company cannot provide the service and I that is unacceptable.

Problem: I may offend him enough to not hire me.

Question: do I really need to become familiar with the company and its people to sell the product?

Research: how can I find out about the company and its reputation when it is only a couple of yrs old?

I have gone to the better business bureau and they are listed, and do not show any complaints since business started.

sn;
Thanx - by kuana
I am considering asking the owner to let me take a look at the whole business operations from the meeting the receptions to meeting all the technicians that work for him and go on a job.

My reason for this is so I can get a feel of the company as a whole and make sure that I am selling a service that I believe is worth selling. I am also beginning my sales career and I want to build a solid reputation from the start and my biggest fear is that I sell the service and his company cannot provide the service and I that is unacceptable.

Problem: I may offend him enough to not hire me.

Question: do I really need to become familiar with the company and its people to sell the product?

Research: how can I find out about the company and its reputation when it is only a couple of yrs old?

I have gone to the better business bureau and they are listed, and do not show any complaints since business started.

sn;
Thanx
Well done kuana,
you obviously have your head screwed on Right. All the best and I hope all works out well for you.

Good luck - by Snowboy
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.