Home > Approach > Approaches to ask people to take out Life Insurance policy

Approaches to ask people to take out Life Insurance policy

;bg I have some confusion in my mind glad if you can clear it out. My concern is when I meet people in the parties and functions for the first time should I ask people to take out policy directly and upfront without asking their needs and wants or should I tell them if you want to take out policy or if you need any help in policy servicing let me know, I will be glad to help you. How and when should I ask people to take out policy from me. What are the different approaches that I should use to tell people to take out policy from me. I will appreciate if you can share it with me. - by dennis27
;bg I have some confusion in my mind glad if you can clear it out. My concern is when I meet people in the parties and functions for the first time should I ask people to take out policy directly and upfront without asking their needs and wants or should I tell them if you want to take out policy or if you need any help in policy servicing let me know, I will be glad to help you. How and when should I ask people to take out policy from me. What are the different approaches that I should use to tell people to take out policy from me. I will appreciate if you can share it with me.
I am not in the insurance vertical, per say, but everyone I know with a policy has a relationship with the person they bought the policy from.

There is no quick answer, but my first thought is to know the people you insure. Once you do, you should be able to suggest a policy that will meet their needs. - by Susan
When asked what you do.... and only when asked..... try:

Have you ever known someone whose spouse died unexpectedly and then couldn't make ends meet financially?

I work to make sure that doesn't happen.

Leave it at that unless they continue the conversation. Else, you soon will not be invited to parties. - by jdedwa11
Dennis, your sales efforts can be divided into two processes: (1) Prospecting (finding people who will be willing to walk to you about your product) and (2) Selling (developing rapport, identifying needs and desires, presenting solutions for those needs, closing the business).

There are many ways of prospecting, including meeting people at parties, but as jdedwa11 pointed out, you won't have much of a social life if you turn casual social gatherings into pitching frenzys for your product.

So prospect first, and you'll have viable prospects to talk to. Then meet with those people and work through your sales process.

All the best,

Skip - by Skip Anderson
My first rule of networking is to get known, trusted,and credible. When you have accomplished that, you won't have to ask for people's business. The business will come to you. The sort of 'Drive-By Networking' that you describe turns people off.

Remember this: before people will buy from you, they must have come to the following three conclusions:

1. 'I have a problem'
2. 'Dennis is supremely qualified to solve my problem'
3. 'Dennis is the kind of guy I can trust'

COncentrate your networking efforts on getting known, credible, and trusted. The rest will take care of itself. - by dbarnhart
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.