Home > Referrals > How to give business cards

How to give business cards

;bg What should I really say when meeting people in parties and social functions and handing over my business card. Should I say I am life insurance agent and if you want to take a policy or if you need any policy servicing I will be glad to help you out. or should I tell them to buy insurance policy from me with out knowing their needs. - by dennis27
Should I say I am life insurance agent and if you want to take a policy or if you need any policy servicing I will be glad to help you out. or should I tell them to buy insurance policy from me with out knowing their needs.
I think you would do better if you said something or asked a question that made the person you are giving the card think about the risks of not having insurance. I don't know what to say or ask but you might if you mull that over. - by realtor
When the subject of your career comes up try the elevator speech approach.

I woudn't just say that I am in the insurance business ...

I would say something like.....

I help people save money on life insurance by helping them compare their current rate with some of the most competitive companies in the business.

If they say how do you do that then proceed to an explanation....

If they start running for cover or don't seem to bite just hand them a card and say if you ever want to compare or add coverage give me a shout and then drop it and ask them what they do and try to get their card if they offer one.

Good Selling!

Sell4alivn - by Sell4alivn
I agree with sell4aliv. That is the time to use your elevator speech or USP. Whichever, it should get the person your talking with to ask you, "how do you do that"?

Then lead into an appointment. - by Jim Klein
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.