Home > Advertising > How Do I Get You As Clients!!!

How Do I Get You As Clients!!!

how do i get people like you interested in me. as a personal trainer.
i work alone, i rent a gym and i want clients.
you are sales people and solicitors and accountants and more.
what do i do.. what do you want to get you interested in investing your hard earned money with me! as a trainer.

because this is my problem.. i see prospects all around me.. and i fell like i m not too sure how to approach them.
i m young (24) but i kick *** in the gym.
help is much appreciated!

i have my back end products and services, and i have a number of front ends but how will they work?
i have written some slides and presentations, in the hope that the offices for solicitors in my town will take interest and would like to have me in for an hour.. but if you were a lawyer, busy on a case, would you want to give up an hour of your week.
how do i make this sound worthwhile to you..
i want to talk about stress management, goal setting, positive thinking , all the wonderful things i have learnt in the last 6 months from people like eker,canfield etc etc

many thanks and apoligies for the big question

:dun - by niallcore
The three elements that must be present before any sale can be made are Trust, Credibility, and Interest.

1. I must believe that I have a problem.
2. I must believe you are expertly qualified to solve that problem.
3. I must believe you are the kind of person I am comfortable doing business with.

Start talking to people not to try to 'sell' them, but to simply listen. Try to discover unsolved problems in their lives related to your expertise. Try to ask intuitive, open-ended questions. The purpose is to lead you to 'The Idea': A different, creative way to solve their problem. - by dbarnhart
The three elements that must be present before any sale can be made are Trust, Credibility, and Interest.

1. I must believe that I have a problem.
2. I must believe you are expertly qualified to solve that problem.
3. I must believe you are the kind of person I am comfortable doing business with.

Start talking to people not to try to 'sell' them, but to simply listen. Try to discover unsolved problems in their lives related to your expertise. Try to ask intuitive, open-ended questions. The purpose is to lead you to 'The Idea': A different, creative way to solve their problem.

so you are saying just have a basic conversation and ask about them, because i often talk to people about what i do but i never turn it into a sales pitch,even the other day at the bank i spoke with one of the guys and i was asking did he play sport, did he get injuries, how he played etc etc. but only 15 min after the conversation i thought, hey maybe i should have slipped the card and suggested "if theres anything i can do for you give me a call"
or something like that.
is that the right idea? - by niallcore
Tell me who you are what you got and ask me if it's something I want. That's it.

MitchM - by MitchM
The question is a fair question we ALL struggle with since all of use are surrounded by people who could use our services.

For people to do business with someone they first must feel Comfortable with them, then Trust them, and then Believe they can help them with a problem they have.

If someone isn't Comfortable, they will never 'drop the defensive wall' that all people have, when they feel they are talking with someone who might be trying to sell them something.

If they don't Trust them, they won't share with them important issues that need to be discussed.

If they don't Believe them, they won't give you their hard earned money, to solve a problem they have...they will simply find someone else.

As you talk to people in 'casual conversation' you can first ask them what they do, then generally they respond by asking you "what do you do?".....then you can say create a 30 second commercial focusing on the problems you help people with, and finishup by asking him "If he knew anyone who might be open to talking with you about those issues".

Sandler Sales Training concepts work well in all industries whether B2C or B2B. - by Paulette Halpern
Paulette makes some great points. Maybe you should begin with something that will help you talk - a Toastmasters group, a BNI chapter, A Dale Carnegie course - maybe I'm off on this but does any of those things sound like they might be helpful, naillcore?

MitchM - by MitchM
Paulette makes some great points. Maybe you should begin with something that will help you talk - a Toastmasters group, a BNI chapter, A Dale Carnegie course - maybe I'm off on this but does any of those things sound like they might be helpful, naillcore?

MitchM
i think i ll join toast masters in september and the board of commerce in the city aswell.
that does make sense.
the only problem with making friends with a client in my "industry" is that it makes it harder to be the "alpha wolf" in the gym.
they may be less likely to listen or do as told.
but i will try.i think most people want what i sell in some shape or form. - by niallcore
i think i ll join toast masters in september and the board of commerce in the city aswell.
that does make sense.
the only problem with making friends with a client in my "industry" is that it makes it harder to be the "alpha wolf" in the gym.
they may be less likely to listen or do as told.
but i will try.i think most people want what i sell in some shape or form.

Toastmasters is a good way to learn how to be comfortable talking with people and being better at doing presentations, but don't confuse it with sales training. - by Paulette Halpern
Toastmasters is a good way to learn how to be comfortable talking with people and being better at doing presentations, but don't confuse it with sales training.
oh def not.
the local community college has a sales course coming up that i might sign up for.8 weeks i d be sure to learn something.

i think what i fear right now is the approach.how do i approach say, a solicitor and try and get them interested in what i do.
what i want to do is sell talks, as a front end, to perhaps get people interested in my personal training.
i ve been getting some good ideas from t harv eker,mark victor hanson and bob berg.

but i think i m still holding back on it. - by niallcore
You seem to have the belief that many people 'want what you offer'. That could be true, but many of those people may never see themselves as working with you. Unless you learn sales skills to help people differentiate you from all the other options they have for a gym workout environment and other personal trainers, you may spend a lot of your time talking with people that never become your clients.

That you may not get through the community college, especially if the course is run through the business school or from the marketing curriculum. There is no business school that I know of that really has a 'sales curriculum' that covers "how to be effective in getting people to buy a product or service'.

There are companies like mine and others who specialize in 'selling strategies' and coaching/mentoring people to become more effective getting positive decisions from the prospects they are talking with.

Just like your services as a personal coach are not free, neither is a sales coach. Only you can determine how committed you are to 'learning how to be more effective selling and growing your business'. Then you will reach out and find the right person who can help you to build your business to the point you are striving for. - by Paulette Halpern
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.