Home > Education > Blame the trainer: Why sales training does not work.

Blame the trainer: Why sales training does not work.

How much money do companies and individuals have to spend on sales training without seeing the results they sought before the competency of the sales trainer comes into question?

Will you question that most sales trainers fails in delivering long term skill enhancement and long term sales improvement? - by Bulldog
How much money do companies and individuals have to spend on sales training without seeing the results they sought before the competency of the sales trainer comes into question?

Will you question that most sales trainers fails in delivering long term skill enhancement and long term sales improvement?
It takes two to tango. For maximum effectiveness you have to take into account the trainer and the trainee. I don't doubt there are sales trainers in the business who leave much to be desired. I guarantee there are trainees who leave much to be desired. - by Jolly Roger
One could argue the competency of the companies who keep beating their heads against a wall and expecting a different outcome.

Will you question that most sales trainers fails in delivering long term skill enhancement and long term sales improvement?
No however I would question whether or not that is what was being purchased or sold. If a sales trainer failed to deliver what was promised then someone didn't get what they paid for. - by BossMan
That depends on the company and individual. You can't swing a cat without hitting someone who hired a personal trainer to lose weight and didn't achieve their goal. For the dedicated few who did what they were instructed the trainer is called into question much sooner than those who didn't. - by Houston
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.