Home > Personal Selling > No accountability for sales trainers?

No accountability for sales trainers?

What accountability do sales trainers have for long term skill enhancement and long term sales improvement? - by Bulldog
What accountability do sales trainers have for long term skill enhancement and long term sales improvement?
I would suggest this is negotiated up front at the time of contract. I don't see how a sales trainer could have too much accountability for end results within a group considering how many variables are involved. I think it would be different if the trainer was working with an individual on a one-on-one basis. - by BossMan
What accountability do sales trainers have for long term skill enhancement and long term sales improvement?
Interesting question and a logical next step for those who believe 'sales training doesn't work'.

If there is to be any accountability I think the customer should make their expectations clear to the sales trainer up front. - by Houston
I think it all depends on how often a sales person receives continual training from this trainer.

As the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

The best sales trainer in the world won't be effective unless the audience actively listens, engages in discussion and takes the information into his field and uses it. - by MrCharisma
It is a good question and one that could be extended to almost any position in management and certainly most government positions. What accountability has there been for all sorts of poor management decisions or poor performances in government ?

Sales is one of the few areas in business where a person succeeds or fails in direct proportion to his/her skills. - by TonyB
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.