Home > Personal Selling > Feeling Pressured?

Feeling Pressured?

When sales are down or slow, it’s natural for salespeople to feel pressure and concern. Few salespeople are shown any empathy. Most are told to “work harder!” One salesperson told me his sales manager’s solution. “Don’t let me see you in the office. Get out there!”

What are you experiencing wand what kinds of things would help you keep going and close more sales? - by Linda Richardson
1. Get back to the basics (attitude, engage, elicit, leverage, close).

2. Stay focused on income producing activities (prospecting, selling, advancing a sale). - by BossMan
My business is network marketing so my job is building a distribution network with satisfied customers and distributors. It's a big job sometimes wearing many hats. I've been with my company twelve years and will be with them for a long long time. In twelve years our business has grown to over $1,000,000 in yearly sales which is good but not close to good enough.

That's some background.

Needless to say, we have many days talking with distributors struggling with this and that. Today I spent an hour with one whose home is Bermuda. Tonight I'll be on the phone with one living in IL - I live in Michigan. It goes on and on and all over the USA and a few other countries.

I have my pet resources which I recommend BUT the best I can do to help individuals is to do what I did today which is to engage in a one-on-one conversation and identify the problems, the struggle, what's going on. Because I've learned to be an exceptionally good listener asking direct and important quesitons, the answers to "what to do now to get my business moving" is always unique to the person I'm working with - always unique.

The answers are similiar but we uncover them in the conversation or conversations over time.

That's what I do.

The best of the best to everyone.

MitchM - by MitchM
Most are told to “work harder!” One salesperson told me his sales manager’s solution. “Don’t let me see you in the office. Get out there!”
This is what I'd say to the average salesperson. Think about how much time during the average salesperson's day is spent engaged in sales calls.

- by Houston
What are you experiencing wand what kinds of things would help you keep going and close more sales?
Great question

While I can't talk about the rest of the world, I know in Australia we've had a large credit crunch where people are cutting back on luxuries and are less inclined to impulse buy.

Despite this, my team has been one of the most consistent performing in the state for sometime. Continual training, improved rapport/discovery/recommend and reinvention of how we approach our customers.

You need to work smarter not harder - by MrCharisma
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.