Home > Approach > Personal Testamonial

Personal Testamonial

hi,
what is a personal testamonial and how would it help me in my business? - by niallcore
Personal testimonials provide a third parties endorsement of your products or services. They can be very beneficial depending on how they are used. It would help to know what your business is and what your position or job description is to better answer your question. - by GerryMyers
niallcore, if you're referring to testimonials of your other clients, they help you establish credibility with new prospects by acting as proof that you brought value to others. I'm not sure what a "personal testimonial" is but maybe some other experts can help you with that.

Skip - by Skip Anderson
A testimonial is nothing more than a statement from a client proclaiming their admiration of conducting business with you. Typically prospective clients like to hear what others say about you and having a book of testimonials will help you with additional business. I have used one for over 25 years. I began with one and now have over 600 letters of testimonial.

How do you get one?

Simply ask a client -

Dear Mr. Customer:

Thank you for your business. As you know referrals and testimonials are an opportunity for business growth. I would appreciated if you can write a few kind words of your experience and content with our products and/or services.

Thank you for your time.

I hope this is helpful.

Drew - by Drew Stevens
thanks for the responses.
my business is personal training, and nutrition,
i ve been trying to come up with a good name for my business,
and was suggested to do my own two min testamonial as that would help me, and others in getting a good name.
and i was told to learn it off so i could spin it off to people when asked what I do.

ideas? - by niallcore
niallcore, in the B2B world, we'd call this a "reference". Reference letters are extremely powerful. In fact, I would insist that the SRs on my team religously:
1. request a reference letter from each account (typically done when the account is new); and,
2. scan the letter and post it to our internal site (so that the entire team can efficiently source meaningful references efficiently); and,
3. repeat the process when something "over-the-top" happens where the company shines in the customer's eyes; then,
4. update the letters as they begin to age;

To make this work effectively, I'd suggest the SRs create a couple of standard reference letters which they would carry in their brief case at all times (either hardcopy or on a USB stick). The customer would then be alleviated of the "stress" involved in created the letter from scratch.

I carry a leather (TimeSystems) binder. The SRs would include some of these materials as "proofsource" on their calls.

Good luck & Good selling!
Pat - by OUTSource Sales
niallcore, in the B2B world, we'd call this a "reference". Reference letters are extremely powerful. In fact, I would insist that the SRs on my team religously:
1. request a reference letter from each account (typically done when the account is new); and,
2. scan the letter and post it to our internal site (so that the entire team can efficiently source meaningful references efficiently); and,
3. repeat the process when something "over-the-top" happens where the company shines in the customer's eyes; then,
4. update the letters as they begin to age;

To make this work effectively, I'd suggest the SRs create a couple of standard reference letters which they would carry in their brief case at all times (either hardcopy or on a USB stick). The customer would then be alleviated of the "stress" involved in created the letter from scratch.

I carry a leather (TimeSystems) binder. The SRs would include some of these materials as "proofsource" on their calls.

Good luck & Good selling!
Pat
that sounds good. for me a testamonial would be taken within the 1st 4 weeks of training.
this personal reference sounds to me kind of more about myself and what i do, what the benefits are and why someone (you)(customer) would benefit from buying from me.

this is what i was told to do

"None-the-less I am happy to explain. If you have not done so already, we would recommend that you sit down and write a 250 word essay about why you became a trainer, who inspired you, the genesis of your decision to go into the industry, what you want to do, how you intend to help others and those who have helped you get to this point. Try to include a quote from someone who inspires you as well and specific identifiable trait or selling point that separates you from your competitors. Turn this into a 2 minute testimonial. Memorize and rehearse this testimonial on video and or in front of a mirror until you become comfortable and it does not come across as contrived. Check your tone of voice, facial maneurisms and body language. Since 60% of your communication is non verbal, 30% tone of voice and 10% your actual words, make sure you are prepared. This testimonial should be used at any and all times you meet a potential client... be it in line at the movies, in the supermarket, at dinner, breakfast, lunch, out for a walk, etc. Any time you are in public is a chance to make a sale."

does this make sense to major sales people here??

by the way i want to thank this board for the support and commitment it gives. - by niallcore
that sounds good. for me a testamonial would be taken within the 1st 4 weeks of training.
this personal reference sounds to me kind of more about myself and what i do, what the benefits are and why someone (you)(customer) would benefit from buying from me.

this is what i was told to do

"None-the-less I am happy to explain. If you have not done so already, we would recommend that you sit down and write a 250 word essay about why you became a trainer, who inspired you, the genesis of your decision to go into the industry, what you want to do, how you intend to help others and those who have helped you get to this point. Try to include a quote from someone who inspires you as well and specific identifiable trait or selling point that separates you from your competitors. Turn this into a 2 minute testimonial. Memorize and rehearse this testimonial on video and or in front of a mirror until you become comfortable and it does not come across as contrived. Check your tone of voice, facial maneurisms and body language. Since 60% of your communication is non verbal, 30% tone of voice and 10% your actual words, make sure you are prepared. This testimonial should be used at any and all times you meet a potential client... be it in line at the movies, in the supermarket, at dinner, breakfast, lunch, out for a walk, etc. Any time you are in public is a chance to make a sale."

does this make sense to major sales people here??

by the way i want to thank this board for the support and commitment it gives.
Hello niallcore. Originally I was reading your request as what is a testimonial and Gerry, Skip and Drew gave you that definition.

However reading this, it sounds like you are being asked to create an elevator pitch with a testimony. Is that correct? I tend to not focus on me and my credentials on an initial introduction; really, who cares EXCEPT me. My approach would be more to gain the attention of the prospect and you do that by talking about them.

Using some of the criteria set for you, consider this formula for a 1 to 2 minute what you are naming, testimony:

1- Who do you help? ex, "I work with introvert and shy independent professionals and salespeople who have some kind of sales reluctance..."
2- What kind of problems do they have?' ex, "Do you know how some people get queasy just thinking about going to a network event? Or maybe you know someone who doesn't follow up with prospects?"
3- How they benefit working with you?, ex, "My clients like that we develop a personal plan that is comfortable for them, they become more confident in their marketing, and their sales quickly accelerate."
4 - And THEN who are you? ex, "My name is Pat Weber and I am a Sales Accelerator Coach using my number one rated sales and sales management experience over the years to help introverts, shy and even reluctant extroverts comfortably and confidently accelerate their sales."

Sometimes I change the order around because I often like to LEAD with the "Do you knows...?" Questions grab attention more quickly.

Usually after this intro someone WILL ask, "How do you do that?" or "That sounds interesting and I think I know someone who could use you." It's enough to get a conversation going and that sounds like what you are being asked to do when you say, "...This testimonial should be used at any and all times you meet a potential client... be it in line at the movies, in the supermarket, at dinner, breakfast, lunch, out for a walk, etc. Any time you are in public is a chance to make a sale.""

I hope this helps and thanks for your clarification. - by patweber
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.