Home > Technology > Business version of LinkedIn

Business version of LinkedIn

Greetings!

I was curious if anyone on this board subscribes to the "Business" or "Pro" versions of LinkedIn which allows you to get in contact with people in their system directly via InMails. If so, is it worth the cost? Do you get good responses back? - by gvass
Greetings!

I was curious if anyone on this board subscribes to the "Business" or "Pro" versions of LinkedIn which allows you to get in contact with people in their system directly via InMails. If so, is it worth the cost? Do you get good responses back?
Can't you send your contacts InMail with the free version? - by Slick
Can't you send your contacts InMail with the free version?
Only if you are connected with them directly. - by gvass
Only if you are connected with them directly.
How much are the different versions? - by Slick
How much are the different versions?
Starts at $20 a month for 5 InMails...up to $200 a mos for 40. You also get more search results and Introductions (not sure what that is exactly). - by gvass
Starts at $20 a month for 5 InMails...up to $200 a mos for 40. You also get more search results and Introductions (not sure what that is exactly).
If you're connected this would be for free? Would the money be better spent purchasing a mailing list that included these same people and their email addresses? - by Slick
If you're connected this would be for free? Would the money be better spent purchasing a mailing list that included these same people and their email addresses?
That's what I'm trying to determine. We have several mailing lists, but sometimes the info is old or doesn't have the proper contact info. LinkedIn can be a pretty useful tool for finding people with specific titles, and if you're resourceful enough you can find their contact info...but not always, which makes InMails an alternative. - by gvass
Starts at $20 a month for 5 InMails...up to $200 a mos for 40. You also get more search results and Introductions (not sure what that is exactly).
That is A LOT of money. No wonder there are some strong competitors for LinkedIn coming on line.

WeCanDo.BIZ is a fraction of the size but we are growing quickly. And free. Mail who you want!

IH - by wecandobiz
That is A LOT of money. No wonder there are some strong competitors for LinkedIn coming on line.

WeCanDo.BIZ is a fraction of the size but we are growing quickly. And free. Mail who you want!

IH
I just looked at your website. It has very, very few US companies listed. Companies on the site are mostly from the UK; I did many random searches through various categories. - by Paulette Halpern
I just looked at your www.wecandobiz.com website. It has very, very few US companies listed. Companies on the site are mostly from the UK; I did many random searches through various categories.
We are MUCH smaller, having only launched in May (LinkedIn came online in 2003); and we are much more internationally focused than LinkedIn. But our traffic is doubling every month. And more importantly, people are doing business on our site with new contacts. LinkedIn still suggests you don't accept invitations from people you don't know. Can you imagine a face to face networking event where you got told not to speak to strangers?!

It may be a no-brainer to sign up to LinkedIn in the US, but that certainly isn't the case in the rest of the world.

IH - by wecandobiz
Much smaller - and gone!

I actually thought I'd take a look given the international focus - but now it's just some talking head flogging vege juice, yawn

As for linkedin, I don't use it properly so I'm just a free user. - by sarahk
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.