Home > Personal Selling > Marketing and Selling Workshop to IT Professionals

Marketing and Selling Workshop to IT Professionals

I want to have between 7-10 people purchase a 1-day workshop to improve customer service for IT services. The cost is $495. There are 100 potential prospects all who are familiar with the company and its products.

Should I send an email w/ a link to the workshop to them and then call to see if they would like to attend? Or is it better to just call them and ask if they would like to learn more about the workshop, send an email if they are interested and follow up with them again by phone?

Thank you in advance. - by basil7070
Basil, here's an instance where terminology might be confusing, are your "prospects" known to you (or are they "suspects")?

If you know them well and can communicate directly, send the email which you've described and follow-up immediately by phone. On the phone, you can tell them that the details are waiting in their inbox but you need to clear the time on their calendars. Given that "space is limited", tell them that you also need to guarantee their seat.

Assume the sale ...

On the other hand, if they are "suspects", you have some relationship building to do. The steps will end up similar but you need to earn the right first ...

Good luck & Good selling!
Pat - by OUTSource Sales
Hmmm, this is good advice. I will break the list down into prospects who get the emails vs. suspects who need some more relationship building.

Some definitely know the company and myself. Others are familiar with the company and myself with a bit of prompting. Also I like the "just trying to hold your seat" approach.

I'll keep you posted.

Thank you again for your time.thmbp2; - by basil7070
Basil, if they'll commit on the phone call, consider throwing something "free" into the offer:
1. breakfast with the presenter * (use a round table so that everyone can talk and leave the PowerPoint for the workshop);
2. white paper (best if related to the topic presented at the workshop);

* We were flogging high end IT advisory services (#2 to Gartner at the time) and we used to sell-out workshops on a regular basis. The presenters were highly regarded subject matter experts (SME's). The breakfast sessions were considered very appealing to the extent that we found it beneficial to get a list of questions from the clients in advance. In this fashion, the SME could research the questions and, then, during the breakfast he could speak directly to very specific topics posed.

Good luck & Good selling!
Pat - by OUTSource Sales
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.