Home > Resistance > Sales Skill - What do you do When you Run into Resistance?

Sales Skill - What do you do When you Run into Resistance?

What Do you Do If you run into Resistance? Do you Just go with it? or Do you Try too Convince them some more too break there Resistance? - by Sanddollar
What Do you Do If you run into Resistance? Do you Just go with it? or Do you Try too Convince them some more too break there Resistance?
For me it would depend on the type and timing. For instance, if the resistance was in the form of rejection at the beginning of the meeting I would have to address it right then and there. - by AZBroker
What Do you Do If you run into Resistance? Do you Just go with it? or Do you Try too Convince them some more too break there Resistance?
Punt! :D JK.

What resistance do you speak of? - by WobblyBox
For me it would depend on the type and timing. For instance, if the resistance was in the form of rejection at the beginning of the meeting I would have to address it right then and there.
But how would you Address it? Would you lay it down on the table or Circle it? dont wana Pressure the customer, so what is ur way you do it? - by Sanddollar
Punt! :D JK.

What resistance do you speak of?
The Kinda Resistance I speaking off is like Hrm where you see the customer isnt really going for what you selling like his intrested but he is Holding back. - by Sanddollar
The Kinda Resistance I speaking off is like Hrm where you see the customer isnt really going for what you selling like his intrested but he is Holding back.
What you are describing sounds like a "Stall". Can you provide an example of a time when you encounter this resistance? - by SalesGuy
What you are describing sounds like a "Stall". Can you provide an example of a time when you encounter this resistance?
Yes you can say its a Stall. And umm lets see, I was Offering the customer a product and when i talk to him and trying to make my sale you see his not going for it but he is intrested and wants the product but something is something him its ethier trying hard to get or Form of Resistance that needs to Soften him up maybe because of the wife (a man customer) maybe because afriad of sales man. - by Sanddollar
Sales Resistance is caused by persuading and convincing. So, it's not likely that doing more of what causes resistance will "break the resistance."

My guess is that you either started with a low probability prospect or that you are pushing too hard - probably both. - by JacquesWerth
Sanddollar, there are many different causes for sales resistance to include ineffective persuading or convincing.

When working through resistance your first step is to understand what you're working with. For instance, if the buyer is stalling and says, "I want to think about it" or "I need to talk with my wife" or something similar simply ask, "What do you mean?" You might be suprised at the answers you receive. :) - by SalesCoach
Encountering sales resistance is a true sign of interest by a negoitiator who wants to make sure he is not going to pay to much for your product or service. This is called let's discourage the sales guy so he doesn't think he has a sale and maybe he will lowball me and I'll get a good deal. If the prospect wasn't interested he wouldn't just resist. he would just say "get out". Take all the pressure off. Say, I understand, There is no hurry here, I,m not going anywhere, I,m going to be around a long time and so is my company. we'll be around to earn your business whenever you are ready. Then go ahead with your pitch or presentation like you normally would. with the possible exception of prefacing your questions with "if and when". I'm of the Julias Ceaser philosophy. He doth protest too much. - by klozerking
I'm of the Julias Ceaser philosophy. He doth protest too much.
That's from Hamlet, not Julius Caesar. At least methinks so.

But Caesar did say, "He is a dreamer. Let him go his way."

Sure beats "Get out!" - by Gary Boye
For instance, if the buyer is stalling and says, "I want to think about it" or "I need to talk with my wife" or something similar simply ask, "What do you mean?" You might be suprised at the answers you receive. :)
SalesCoach, would you share some of the surprising answers you have received from this question? - by RainMaker
SalesCoach, would you share some of the surprising answers you have received from this question?
The surprise I'm referring to is the contrast between the meaning a salesperson assigns to a statement and the meaning the customer intended. These two can be miles apart. ;) - by SalesCoach
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.