Home > Resistance > We will think about it objection

We will think about it objection

You Get the Old. Thank You Will think about it, How do you go Along with it what do you say just You welcome Feel Free to call me or try some more Sales Pitching? but if do more Sales Pitching can seem pushy, so Would love to Hear Ideas? - by Sanddollar
You Get the Old. Thank You Will think about it, How do you go Along with it what do you say just You welcome Feel Free to call me or try some more Sales Pitching? but if do more Sales Pitching can seem pushy, so Would love to Hear Ideas?
What is "Sales Pitching"? - by AZBroker
What is "Sales Pitching"?
Sales Pitching is Trying to sell your Product so you say how great it is and how you cant find it cheaper its Convincing your Customer too Buy your Services or Product. - by Sanddollar
Sales Pitching is Trying to sell your Product so you say how great it is and how you cant find it cheaper its Convincing your Customer too Buy your Services or Product.
That doesn't sound good. :D - by AZBroker
You Get the Old. Thank You Will think about it, How do you go Along with it what do you say just You welcome Feel Free to call me or try some more Sales Pitching? but if do more Sales Pitching can seem pushy, so Would love to Hear Ideas?
I'll bite my tongue about the use of the word "Pitching". :rolleyes:

Here is a thread that addresses the resistance of "I want to think about it": http://www.salespractice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=709 - by SalesGuy
I'll bite my tongue about the use of the word "Pitching". :rolleyes:

Here is a thread that addresses the resistance of "I want to think about it": http://www.salespractice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=709
the old standard tom hopkins close works the best when you are given think about it.
obviously you wouldn't waste your time thinking about if you werent serious about getting something done now would you?
May I be assured that you give my offer very careful consideration?
Just to satisfy my curiosity , It's not the quality of my product that you need to think about is it?
You certainly don't need to think about the integrity of my company do you?
I haven't said or done anything that would give you pause have I?
Obviously then the only thing left that you would need to think about is the money isn't that true?
I'ts always the money. I'd buy everything if it didn't cost so much. and really the only thing that we can do as salespeople is do something about the money - by klozerking
the old standard tom hopkins close works the best when you are given think about it.
obviously you wouldn't waste your time thinking about if you werent serious about getting something done now would you?
May I be assured that you give my offer very careful consideration?
Just to satisfy my curiosity , It's not the quality of my product that you need to think about is it?
You certainly don't need to think about the integrity of my company do you?
I haven't said or done anything that would give you pause have I?
Obviously then the only thing left that you would need to think about is the money isn't that true?
I'ts always the money. I'd buy everything if it didn't cost so much. and really the only thing that we can do as salespeople is do something about the money
Finally somebody volunteered the classic rebuttal of the Think It Over Pseudo-objection.

As I recall, you do not have it worded or structured as Hopkins and others advise. Timing and use of a run-on sentence is critical to this technique.

For instance you have:

Better is:
Just to satisfy my curiosity , what is it you want to think over is it the quality of the product? (Note the run-on.)

Hopkins was a fan of "tag-ons" but I don't remember him advocating tag-ons in this rebuttal. Rather than use a tag-on question (is it?) at the end of a statement, put the question in the form of a question by putting the "is it" in the beginning. The same goes for "have I" or any other misplaced tag-ons.

Also, after the required string of "is it questions", you simply finish with "Is it the money?" Not "Obviously then the only thing left that you would need to think about is the money isn't that true?" You lose the effect if you use so many words in a simple direct question.

IMHO. (That would be a first.) - by Gary Boye
Finally somebody volunteered the classic rebuttal of the Think It Over Pseudo-objection.
Is that a pleasant surprise?

Does anyone use this rebuttal routinely? - by Agent Smith
Does anyone use this rebuttal routinely?
Yes.

Not I.

Understanding the intent of that rebuttal can be helpful to people who are learning sales. - by Gary Boye
Understanding the intent of that rebuttal can be helpful to people who are learning sales.
Bingo! Great insight Gary. :) - by SalesGuy
I'ts always the money. I'd buy everything if it didn't cost so much. and really the only thing that we can do as salespeople is do something about the money
It's hard to overpay for something you really want. ;) - by SalesGuy
Thank You all for the Great Replays :) - by Sanddollar
A great way to overcome the I have to think about it.
Mr prospect is there anything about my proposal that concerns you?Is there any doubt in your mind about my ability to fulfil my promises?Is there any doubt in your mind about the product and service.
Mr Prospect may I ask one more questions.
What is the real reason you are hesitating today?
I wantr the client to inform of the reason I do not want a self inflicted wound of price on top of their reason. - by rich34232
I like a response that empathises, but also re-focuses the customer on reasons to buy. It might go something like this:

I can understand what you are saying, quite a few of my customers that buy from me, initially say that. Tell me before you go is there any piece of information that I haven't given you that you will need in order to make a decision? (This is a nicer way of saying what the heck is there to think about).

(If YES provide the information and once satisfied ask a CLOSING QUESTION). If NO say - OK before you leave let me just recap on what we have covered during our meeting / conversation. Now recap the key benefits that you have provided the customer with - e.g. you said that you liked the fact that the car was diesel powered as that would save you money on fuel and that the interior was larger and would comfortably allow you to carry the whole family etc.

You have just reinvigorated the customer's desire, now ask a closing question.
If you get a YES now proceed if you get a NO arrange to follow the customer up by saying something like - I'd really like to give you a call this evening to see whether you have any questions, would 6.30 be OK with you?

Listen
Empathy
Question
Recap
Close - by marky
Feel felt found is an overused response.When ever I hear this used on me I am thinking no you don't understand otherwise you would get what I am saying.
Usually people are using this when there is a problem and it does not provide a solution to the problem.
As an example. I understand how you felt losing a parent I lost mine at age 42. The person who they are talking too lost theirs at age 24 and their brother lost when they were 14. You cannot possibly understand the loss at a different age.The only thing you can understand is losing a parent.A drastic example to show that understanding really does not enter the equation.
There are times when the feel felt found really does work. We must find the right situation for the proper closings and answers to objections. This is where common mistakes are used in our judgment to what is the right closing or answers to objections - by rich34232
I sell cars. I'm the best. Well, in my mind I am. My results will prove me right soon enough. I love to say to them, "That's a great idea, what is it you need to think about, the initial investment/price/monthly payment/trim line/etc?" They'll either say yes, or they'll give you the real objection.

If I'm feeling really strong, I'll say to them, "Sure, I'll give you a minute," and I stand up and walk away as if I'm giving them a moment to discuss it among themselves, as opposed to parting ways so that they can leave to 'think about it.' - by wesbound
There's a variety of closes to use to ovecome this one.

Ben-Franklin Close
"You know Ben Franklin was famous for thinking things over before making a decision, especially one of this magnitude. What he would do is take a piece of paper <Physically do this as you are saying it> Draw a line through the middle, and label one side pro's, and one side con's. Now Mr. Customer what Pro's do you see with this product?....."

Hopkins Close
"I understand Mr. Customer, but before you go can I ask you one thing? You did like the product right? So if it's not the product, I must have done something to upset you. Is it me Mr. Customer? So if its not the product, and your SURE its not me, then its the price maybe?" Here you have identified the true objection, isolated it and now can resolve and re-close.

Time-Gap Close

Draw a grid on a piece of paper and show them how the prices of the products increase over time, and the longer he waits the higher the price will be.. If in Car sales, draw a curve downward showing how the trade-in value will decrease the longer they wait. - by jrboyd
Why not repeat the objection back to them: you have to think about it ,why? Most of the time they will tell you.
What concerns do you have about my proposal? - by rich34232
my favorite - everything has a warranty/guarantee period. anywhere from 1 minute to years. assume you've covered that as 1 of the features.

think about it/over - fine name, no problem, let's do this, as i explained you do a full 30 days after you've enrolled to return the p/s for a full refund, so what we'll do is go ahead and get you enrolled now and you'll have 30 days to think about it. in the meantime you'll be enjoying all the benefits of having your own p/s while you are thinking about it, now would you like to use your driver's license # or your wife's? - by deleatme
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.