Home > Presentation > Tried and True Methods for Establishing Value

Tried and True Methods for Establishing Value

"Price is such a dominant factor in today's crowded marketplace the value you deliver must be so clear in the mind of the buyer that it supersedes his or her drive to seek a progressively lower and lower price." --Bill Brooks

What tried and true methods do you recommend so that buyers 'perceive, understand and comprehend the value of any offering'? - by Houston
The most effective method I have learned and use in my business is to ask enough good questions so I learn as much about my prospect and his/her situation as possible. I try to find out what results they want, how important the decision is, what concerns they might have about moving forward, the impact of implementing the solution, etc.

When I have completed this I adapt my approach, my presentation, and my solution so that it directly demonstrates the value my prospect will gain and how they or their company will benefit. - by Kelley Robertson
People buy emotionally then justify it logically.

They will have "bought in" emotionally before it gets to price. There's always lots of easy price cost justification arguments if needed. - by TonyB
I agree with Kelley. Ask lots and lots of questions. Once you understand the needs and position your solution as best you can, the value created far exceeds the lower price of your competitors.
Stephen - by sfrenkel
I agree with Kelley, too. - by Skip Anderson
Honestly, atleast in auto sales, price isn't really a dominating factor. It doesn't even make the top 6 reasons people buy. Safety, Performance, Appearance, Comfort, Economical, and Dependability are the top 6. People will not sacrafice safety over money. Would you have your family in a vehicle that is a deathtrap just because it was cheap? Would car that brakes down every 3 weeks because you saved some money? Why not buy a little 4 seater Aveo so your 5 grown construction workers, can get back and forth to the job?
Price honestly has very little to do with the sale. People buy VALUE, not price. If alot of the sales people would spend as much time building value into their product as they do worrying about price it would make the job ALOT easier. It takes 100% of the sales process to make a sale. Now you can either spend 30% of it, presenting the product and building value and 70% negotiating price, or 70% presenting and building value and 30% negotiating. Guess which one will get you a higher gross. - by jrboyd
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.