Home > Direct Marketing > email marketing

email marketing

I am looking for some best practices tips on email direct marketing. Could somebody point me in the right direction..Thanks. - by b2brep
Rule #1 - NO SPAM! Use verified opt-in for all of your lists. - by Mikey
E-mail marketing is a form of direct marketing which uses electronic mail as a means of communicating commercial or fundraising messages to an audience. In its broadest sense, every e-mail sent to a potential or current customer could be considered e-mail marketing. However, the term is usually used to refer to:

* sending e-mails with the purpose of enhancing the relationship of a merchant with its current or previous customers and to encourage customer loyalty and repeat business,
* sending e-mails with the purpose of acquiring new customers or convincing current customers to purchase something immediately,
* adding advertisements to e-mails sent by other companies to their customers, and
* sending e-mails over the Internet, as e-mail did and does exist outside the Internet. - by marchal04
I think we know what e-mail marketing is the question was, "I am looking for some best practices tips on email direct marketing." - by MPrince
It is not enough to send 1 or 2 emails - you need to create the campaign that will have more touches with the potential customers, in your case try to send articles, information, invitation to an education session, etc.
Send emails that will position you as an expert, don't just send sales letters. - by AlenMajer
The key to ongoing success with e-mail marketing is to get the first one opened and read. If it adds enough value they will read the next one, and so on.
A client I am working with has started by mailing out with a great offer that can be actioned by either a postal return or by registering on a special page on their website.
The guys that registered now expect my clients e-mail, and they have already had a double figure uptake! - by Tony Pizii
Well if you are just sending emails, without opting for it, it is called spam, so I am not sure if we are talking about that.
If you opt-in for something, you will open and read first email you receive, right? - by AlenMajer
Well if you are just sending emails, without opting for it, it is called spam, so I am not sure if we are talking about that.
If you opt-in for something, you will open and read first email you receive, right?
Hey, this might sound ignorant of me, but what do you mean by opt-in? I have the problem of sending lots of emails which end up directly in Junk mail. Is this easy to solve? - by RyanC
Have you tried Facebook or Twitter. Approximately two thirds of businesses today have either Facebook or Twitter or both. - by MPrince
Email marketing is a big ocean, with many minefields. It could even ruin your business, if done wrongly.

My answer is very late, but still if it's relevant, who are the people who you would be emailing? How did you create the list?

The answer to your question depends on your reply.

Ganesan. - by ezynes
Even i have heard a lot about e-mail marketing which actually helps in marketing products a lot.Especially SEOs use this method a lot. - by shanemiller
In addition what everyone else has said, let me add the following:

It is possible to build amazing kind of relationship with 1000s (even 100s of 1000s) of opt-in subscribers through email marketing, if you know how to do it, and you have the right product/ service/ company to promote.

It could translate to huge increase in sales & profits. Most marketers don't it at all, and among the few who do, a minuscule proportion do it right.

Have I used too many adjectives & superlatives? Well, I'd meant to. The power of email marketing hasn't been sufficiently understood, much less exploited (I mean in a positive sense, as it can be done absolutely legitimately, with your prospects and clients accepting you as an authority in your realm.).

Ganesan. - by ezynes
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.